General Motors Transmission Controls Engineer - Future Product - GPS0000540 in Milford, Michigan
The Transmission Software Controls Engineer is responsible for designing control strategies that support new transmission and driveline concepts. Work deliverables include requirements definition, control algorithm development using plant models and/or hardware, in-vehicle calibration and demonstration, and production software design and release. Creative people are encouraged to join a strong team focused on leading-edge technology development.
Design/develop new concepts for transmission control algorithms to support new propulsion systems; Optimize algorithm design through modeling, simulation, data collection, and analysis; Calibrate newly developed algorithm features/functions for performance demonstrations; Document findings in engineering reports; Design, Implement, Test and Release software for production controller integration; Communicate, coordinate, and consult with engineering departments and customers; Stay abreast of new technology and competitive products.
Required Skills and Experience
- BS or MS in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent
- Creative thinking skills
- Demonstrated ability in Controls technology
- High level of analytical ability where problems are unusual and difficult
- High level of interpersonal skills to work independently and effectively in a team environment
- Experience in software programming in C/C++
- High level of oral and written communication skills
- Experience with in-vehicle instrumentation systems and data analysis
- 3+ years professional experience in a related technology field
Preferred Skills and Experience
- Powertrain controls experience
- Powertrain calibration experience
- Transmission operational knowledge
- Small group leadership experience
- Experience with Matlab/Simulink/Stateflow
- Experience in engineering theory and principles of operation of mechatronic control systems
- Graduate Engineering degree
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.