Cognosante Technical Writer - Part Time in McLean, Virginia
BITS, a wholly-owned Cognosante subsidiary, recently won an award supporting the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) Office of Information & Technology (OI&T), Information Technology Account Management (ITAM) Office requirement for IT Account Management Technical Services. The ITAM engagement model consists of the investigation and assessment of issues, potential risk, and impacts to the business. The model also ensures coordination and communication with the business; assists during the intake of new programs, starts to draft problem statements, verifies budget and multi-year program (MYP) allocation, alignment with VA business line portfolio, and engaging Enterprise Program Management Office (ePMO) resources; supports the issues intake from Customer Relationship Managers (CRMs) and ITAMS to capture, formalize and publish as proven issue resolution/solutions into a best practice for publication on the knowledge management Wiki.
The Technical Writer will provide expertise in editing narrative and graphic products to identify and correct grammatical formatting and logic errors and to identify logical inconsistencies that will require author attention.
Specific Technical Writer responsibilities are :
- Assist in Customer Issue Investigation process where appropriate to assess implications from a Technical Writer / Editor, Sr. perspective.
- Support a consistent and repeatable approach with intake, assigning, vetting, submitting, and archiving actions and responses to incoming issue investigation requests using the ITAM SharePoint Issue Tracking Tool.
Support the analyst in capturing 300-400 issues annually identified by the ITAMs, CRMs, and AMO leadership. Each issue will be:
Documented by working with the respective CRM, ITAM or AMO team member,
- Triaged based on type of request (technical support, research and development, issue management, communication, or other),
- Responded to by the analyst if an applicable archived response exists, and allocated out based on the knowledge necessary to provide a response.
- US citizenship or Permanent Residence (green card) and the ability to pass a Federal government clearance are required
- Minimum 10 years of technical writing experience
- Thorough knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite of Tools (Word, Excel, SharePoint, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Veterans Affairs (VA) experience
- Must be able to support varied levels of executive and operational stakeholders.
- The candidate must possess strong communication skills, both oral and written.
- Attention to detail is critically important
- Strong experience in developing and delivering training materials to key stakeholders
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work both independently and in a team environment
- Effective communications skills, both oral and written
- Create table of contents and cite sources.
- Submit copies to managers for feedback.
- Adjust copy as necessary and proofread for grammar and spelling.
- Follow a life cycle called document development life cycle.
- Release the document following final approval.
- Strong customer service and consultation skills
- Active participation and documentation of team meetings
Business Information Technology Solutions (BITS), a wholly-owned subsidiary of Cognosante. Doing Business as The BITS Group is a Service Disabled Veteran Owned Business (SDVOB) .Founded in July 2003 in the Commonwealth of Virginia and headquartered in FallsChurch, Virginiawith an office in Quantico, Virginia.
BITS specializes in providing strategic enterprise information technology services and solutions to Veterans Affairs, the Department of Defense, Federal, Local and State Governments. We are a Prime contractor partnered with product and technology vendors in Healthcare, Enterprise Resource Planning, and Business Intelligence and Analytics solutions. We focus on solving Business problems through the use of Information Technology, and delivering quality services and Solutions on time and within established budget.
Requisition ID: R0001322