Northwell Health Computer System Analyst - Pediatric Genetics in Manhasset, New York
Req Number 001077
Job Category Information Technology
As a Computer Systems Analyst under the leadership of Dr. Kenan Onel, MD, PhD, Chief of Human Genetics and Genomics and Director of Clinical Genomics for Northwell Health, you will be responsible for the collection, monitoring, securing, management and accessibility of genetic data for analysis and reporting.
• Designs and develops computer systems and programs for the Institute.
• Develops and test programs in a timely fashion, including database programs and patient and normal control recruitment databases.
• Implements required files servers and networking of systems.
• Facilitates secure and confidential sharing of scientific data between cores and institutions.
• Monitors production systems and designs improvement for increased data processing efficiency by conducting reviews of application functions.
• Creates and maintains web sites as required. Creates and maintains web site and intranet; including the securing of domain names. Ensures critical data is secure.
• Maintains hardware/software and facilitates training in the use of all computer-based resources. Ensures system integrity; maintains computer hardware/software and troubleshoots as necessary.
• Keeps current on and disseminates information on new technologies and research data management.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, required.
• Minimum of three (3) years computer programming experience, required.