BNY Mellon Tax Controller in Manchester, United Kingdom
The Equity and Unit Trust Income Processing teams process the proceeds for mandatory cash income events in the Multiple Global markets on the PSS/CMS platforms along with Tax Reclaims.
The team uses the below applications:
Sybase Applications (DIMS, SIS, ASR)
The team liaise with various internal departments such as Client Services, Settlements, Treasury, Risk, and other teams within UK Income and Taxation. They also have relationships and contact with external parties such as other eligible counterparties and Unit Trust Managers.
The Income & Tax Supervisor is responsible for supporting the Income & Tax Section Manager in ensuring that the team process all income events and tax reclaims in accordance with market and the Bank’s best practices, in order to provide a high quality service, minimise risk to the organisation and guard against any financial or reputational loss.
• Co-ordinate team workflow to allocate all income events and tax reclaims out to the team, maintaining own reduced share of the processing.
• Authorise income and tax events within specified deadlines, ensuring that event information is interpreted correctly and reconciliation is complete, in order to deliver a high quality services and meet the overall objectives of the department.
• Ensure all events are fully reconciled prior to payment and ensuring that any discrepancies are investigated by the team. Escalating to the Income & Tax Section Manager reconciliations that are at risk of missing the deadline.
• Monitoring and clearance of all cash and stock exceptions and exception management queues.
• Liaise with the query team, client services and other internal departments to ensure queries are responded to, thereby ensuring that internal and external client satisfaction is maintained.
• Investigate opportunities for self development and improving knowledge of the business that you are servicing in order to improve skills and knowledge and deliver maximum service levels.
Job Specific Competencies
In addition to the Global Competencies the candidate should show an aptitude for:
• Analytical Thinking
• Attention to Detail
• Results Focus
• Drive for Excellence
• Interpersonal Awareness
• Self-Performance Improvement
Technical Skills, Knowledge, Systems Knowledge (and associated skill level)
• Knowledge of income events processing.
• Excellent attention to detail.
• Strong desire for excellence with a conscientious approach.
• Risk aware.
• Excellent communication skills.
Academic/Professional Qualifications (or equivalent qualifiers)
• Minimum education to GCSE level or equivalent – 5 passed (including Mathematics and English) – essential.
• A-Levels/Degree preferable.
• Prepared to complete industry qualifications, as required – essential.
This role does not fall under the FSA T&C Scheme.
Role Reporting Hierarchy
The Income Clerk reports to the an Income & Tax Section Manager.
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
Client Service Delivery (CSD) brings together BNY Mellon's key operational areas into one global team to better support the company's businesses and serve clients around the world. CSD helps clients to conduct business, service assets, and engage in transactions in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. At every stage of the investments lifecycle - creating, trading, clearing, settling, holding, servicing, managing, distributing and restructuring assets - CSD is working to make BNY Mellon the recognized industry service quality and productivity leader. Client Service Delivery manages investment monitoring, measurement and processing services for our clients. Our solutions include Securities Operations, Fund Administration, Transfer Agency, Outsourcing, Performance Measurement and other related services.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Primary Location:* United Kingdom-Greater Manchester-Manchester
Organization:* Global Securities Ops-HR06423
Requisition Number:* 1614719