Expedia Manager, Strategic Initiatives in London, United Kingdom
Manager, Strategic Initiatives, Expedia Affiliate Network
The Expedia Affiliate Network (EAN) Manager, Strategic Initiatives role provides the opportunity for the right candidate to play a crucial role in the continued evolution of EAN’s rapidly-changing business. In this role you’ll be responsible for identifying key initiatives, building internal consensus and working cross-functionally to operationalize. You’ll also be involved with supporting the creation of the annual strategic plan, including market and competitor analysis, assessment of EAN performance and development of the plan.
You will actively coordinate with/influence other functional teams, and have regular and frequent interaction with the senior leadership across EAN. This position will have an immediate impact and be given the ability to grow and advance in an exciting, fast paced online travel company. The role will report to the Senior Manager, Strategic Initiatives in London.
- Identify and operationalize key medium and long-term strategic initiatives to improve EAN’s operational performance and competitive positioning
- Assist in annual strategic planning process, from assessment of market/industry trends through data gathering and analysis, initiative selection and assessment, and preparation of plan
- Assess underlying market trends and competitive dynamics
- Translate long-term targets into tangible financial and operational objectives
- Create materials to communicate strategic priorities and findings to senior management
- Identify competitive threats and help develop strategies for countering them.
- Assess new market opportunities and help define go-to-market strategies and tactics.
- Track, communicate and draw insights from performance of ongoing initiatives
Education / Experience / Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree from top university required
- MBA level and / or proven track record of career progression
- Experience within a top-tier management consulting firm, e-commerce and/or corporate strategy preferred
- Expert level knowledge of Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint and demonstrated experience in modeling, analysis, research and presentation creation
- Comfortable conducting analysis: pulling data, building models and analyzing financial and operational information
- Comfortable with ambiguity and imperfect information; demonstrated ability in solving problems creatively
- Very good interpersonal skills (externally and internally at all levels, including senior leadership)
- Demonstrated ability to frame unstructured problems
- Ability to distinguish key value drivers and high impact actions vs. lower value items, and prioritize accordingly
- A commercially astute self-starter
- Proven track record of defining and executing key analyses with minimal supervision
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or age.
- Posted Today
- Full time