Deutsche Bank IT Auditor Global Markets in London, United Kingdom
IT Auditor Global Markets
Job ID: 3136435 Full/Part-Time: Full-time
Regular/Temporary: Regular Listed: 2016-11-29
Location: London, United Kingdom
Our global Group Audit function is business-focussed, risk-based and operates with openness, integrity and responsibility. Our profile in Deutsche Bank is high, and our top priority is to grow our team globally enabling us to deliver against the objectives of the bank. This is a team where your ideas will make a rapid impact, and your achievements will never go unrecognised as we continue to strengthen our industry-leading audit methodology and state-of-the-art in-house audit system.
We are a team of over 500 Business and IT Audit specialists, operating from New York, London, Frankfurt, Singapore and 25 other countries across the globe. Our global connectivity provides a stimulating environment and the opportunity to collaborate, network and share knowledge with intelligent colleagues and specialists around the world.
Our vision is to be a strategic challenger to senior management. We believe in the partnership model, focussed on evolving our role as an independent, fair and fully effective function. Challenging and improving operating models for non-financial risk management. We adhere to ‘The Three Lines of Defence’ programme, designed to strengthen our internal controls framework across the whole bank, while managing increasing regulatory expectations. It forms a central part of our commitment for cultural change. Group Audit is the third line of defence assuring the effectiveness of our controls.
Job title: IT Auditor Global Markets
Corporate title: Assistant Vice President
Division: Group Audit
You will be an Auditor within the Global Markets Information Technology (IT) team reports into a Principal Audit Manager (PAM) who in turn reports into the IT Chief Auditor (CA). The CA has global responsibility.
- Evaluating the adequacy and effectiveness of internal controls relating to risks involved in the relevant areas in accordance with Group Audit Methodology and the established risk assessment framework.
- Supporting the implementation of the Group Audit risk-based methodology including; performing coverage of automated business processes and the respective technology environment and supporting structured ongoing risk assessment via Continuous Audit Assessment.
- Assisting in driving delivery of Technology led audits and to participate in Integrated Business and Technology audits, both locally and globally.
- Working with the IT and Operational audit teams to generate impactful issues for review by senior Group Audit management, facilitate issues tracking and validate closure of existing issues.
- Completing all work assigned to them promptly. This may also include ad-hoc projects and special investigations.
- Proactively developing and maintaining professional working relationships with colleagues, the business and respective support areas. Working in an integrated manner with fellow team members both locally and globally.
- Building an understanding of the Global Markets businesses, technology infrastructure and processing and continuing to develop technical expertise relevant to the industry.
- Whilst the majority of the audit work is based in London, the team is also responsible for coverage in certain overseas locations. Some travel may therefore be required.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Exposure to Investment Banking businesses and a strong desire to build knowledge of capital markets processing and IT auditing in an investment banking context.
- Experience of auditing IT General Controls.
- Strong organisational skills to take ownership of agreed targets to enable efficient completion of audit projects.
- An innovative mindset and be able to develop ideas which are implemented and have a positive impact.
- The ability to multi-task assignments and prioritise workload, deliver to deadlines with limited supervision and be resilient under pressure.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and ability to communicate effectively both within Group Audit and with GA’s stake-holders.
- A self starter who is able to interact effectively at senior levels within the Bank.
Deutsche Bank is an equal opportunity employer who seeks to recruit and appoint the best available person for a job regardless of marital / civil partnership status, sex (including pregnancy), age, religion, belief, race, nationality and ethnic or national origin, colour, sexual orientation or disability. Please let us know if you require any adjustments to enable you to apply or attend an interview. If you would like to discuss your requirements, or have any concerns about the application process, please contact your recruiter.