Resources For Human Development, Inc. Driver in Lehighton, Pennsylvania
/Resources for Human Development, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, veteran, or disability status./
Under the supervision of the Program Director, the Transportation Driver will uphold the values of RHD, the POWER Program and the rights of the participants.
The Transportation Driver is responsible for maintaining and implementing transportation of consumers to and from the program. The transportation driver will be responsible operating company vehicles that include: 7 passenger mini vans, 3 passengage sedans, and may include 12 passenger vehicles.
They will ensure the safety of the consumers while facilitating transportation.
The driver will also be responsible for vehicle maintenance by doing daily, weekly and monthly inspections. They will also work closely with the programs Administrative Assistant in order to schedule general maintenance with our community vendors.
The driver must be understanding of and interested in working with persons with severe and persistent mental illness. They must also be knowledgeable, flexible and able to respond to appropriately and effectively in a crisis situation. He or she must be assertive and able to communication well with both the consumers being served and the various persons and organizations they will be in contact with in the community. They must be well organized, goal oriented and able to follow through with numerous responsibilities. Optimism, creativity and energy will be essential to their efforts on behalf of the consumers they serve.
Role and Responsibilities
· To support and promote the mission statement and values of RHD and the POWER Program.
· Coordinate transportation and implement transportation to the program for the consumers.
· Attend trainings relating to transportation, vehicle safety and other driver trainings.
· Engage consumers in a trusting and supportive treatment partnership, providing support while maintaining professional boundaries.
· Ensure the confidentiality of all participants related information.
· Maintain one s physical, mental and emotional well-being to maximize the healthy function of the team and model healthy functioning to those we support.
Perform tasks which are supportive in nature to the essential functions of the job, but which may be altered or re-designed depending upon individual circumstances.
Complete daily, monthly and quarterly maintenance/inspections of all program vehicles.
Complete monthly transportation tracking.
Manage accounts of outside vendors that are related to vehicle maintenance.
Attend monthly vehicle Safety meetings.
All other duties as assigned by Unit Director and or Psychiatric Rehabilitation Supervisor.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- A High School Diploma or GED experience within the mental health field preferred but not required
- Valid PA Driver s License, proof of vehicle insurance and a clean driving history isREQUIRED. (Clean drivers history consists of no more than 1 point on record dating back 7 years)
- Professional driving experience preferred but not required.