AbbVie Marketing Excellence Trainer in Lake Forest, Illinois
Marketing Excellence Trainer –
The Marketing Excellence Trainer is the lead in design, development, and delivery of content applicable to primarily marketing personnel across the Division. The MXT is accountable to the Sr. Manager, Commercial Excellence Training and Director, Commercial Excellence Training. The MXT has primary responsibility to partner with Sr. Manager and Director-level leaders in the business across all product lines in order to develop solutions that drive knowledge and skill development in marketing fundamentals, onboarding, and organizational focus.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Implementing and maintaining the effectiveness of the quality system by understanding and adhering to the AbbVie Code of Business Conduct, Operating Guidelines and PDMA guidelines.
- Continuously updates core curriculum by partnering with training colleagues and business stakeholders to reflect innovative, competitive techniques and concepts.
- Capable of developing project plan, developing content, conducting training, and coaching marketers and marketing Leadership
- MTX’s provide leadership to marketing professionals in their training sessions.
- Acts as a consultant to marketing management in the transfer, development and delivery of skills and capability training.
- Takes on additional projects as assigned by the Senior Manager or Director of Commercial Excellence Training; works closely with subject matter experts from different areas of expertise within and outside the commercial organization.
- Works collaboratively with marketing on special training projects, identifies training requirements to compliment continuous education and training reinforcement.
Leads cross-functional teams in developing new core curriculum or enhancing existing curriculum to keep pace with the division strategy.
Accountability & Scope:
The MXT leads the process to define, design, and deliver content related to PPD’s multi-faceted commercial model. MXTs constantly works across franchises to gain stakeholder input in effort to maintain core curriculum that positions PPD talent as a competitive advantage. The MXT ensures curriculum is effectively delivered and coached within all applicable programs. He/she has a direct impact on the capability of our new and existing marketers to drive commercialization of products across the portfolio. In addition, the MXT is responsible for leading and participating in additional projects as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree required; preferably in science or business administration/marketing to support content development that effectively reflects challenges in the pharmaceutical/healthcare industry.
Knowledge of applicable regulations and standards affecting Pharmaceutical Products (e.g. CFR 210/211, cGMP) specifically,
2-3 years marketing experience required; specific experience in marketing, sales, and/or commercial training preferred
Demonstrated ability to work with a variety of individuals at all levels of management--both in the field and in marketing--to gain consensus on training program development and delivery
Strategic thinking and business planning skills necessary to diagnose needs, develop, direct, and influence commercial training and organizational development strategies
Knowledge of instructional design systems or extensive experience in training, development of training and curriculum design are also desirable
Proven ability to integrate business trends, brand strategies, and marketplace drivers into plans that drive competitive advantage to the organization
Project management experience, managing cross-functional teams and/or external partners through large projects or initiatives
Exceptional stakeholder communication skills to develop partnerships and align training with the business strategy
Marketing experience strongly preferred
Job Classification: Experienced
Primary Location: USA-Illinois-Lake Forest
Travel: Yes, 5 % of the Time
Req ID: 1607381
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled