AbbVie Scientist I, Medicinal Chemist in Lake County, Illinois
The Scientist will execute organic synthetic chemistry research that achieves project and area goals. Develop and optimize synthetic routes for milligram to multi-gram preparation of target molecules. Integrate relevant learnings in medical chemistry into workflow.
- Maintain a high level of productivity in the laboratory setting.
- Demonstrate the ability to resolve organic synthesis challenges effectively utilizing available information and technical expertise.
- Proactively seek out new information in the literature and incorporate this into workflow.
- Keep accurate and up-to-date records, including an electronic notebook that documents research according to AbbVie policies.
- Demonstrate a high degree of responsibility in maintaining safe laboratory practices and scientific standards.
- Participate in establishing near-term scientific/chemistry strategies, and contribute to the generation and publication of intellectual property.
- Collaborate with functional and technical experts to facilitate scientific achievement.
- MS or BS degree in Organic Chemistry or related field with 2 years (MS) or 5 years (BS) of organic synthetic chemistry experience in the pharma industry and/or academia
- Routine work with chemicals
Proven effective interpersonal and communication skills with demonstrated ability to work within a team environment
Key Leadership Competencies:
Builds strong relationships with peers and cross functionally with partners to enable higher performance.
- Learns fast, grasps the "essence" and can change course quickly where indicated.
- Raises the bar and is never satisfied with the status quo.
- Creates a learning environment, open to suggestions and experimentation for improvement.
- Embraces the ideas of others, nurtures innovation and manages innovation to reality
Job Classification: Experienced
Job: RESEARCH AND DEVELOPMENT
Primary Location: USA-Illinois-Lake County
Organization: Research & Development
Req ID: 1607378
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled