DynCorp International LLC. CAD Drafter III in KANDAHAR, Afghanistan
The CAD Drafter III is responsible for performing professional computer aided drafting and design (CADD) work, developing departmental plans, maps, projects and reports.
(Typical duties include the following, although specific duties vary by assignment or contract.)
- Provide technical AutoCAD guidance and support for CAD and other technical services as required in support of specific construction projects.
- Oversees, tracks and assigns projects to CADD designers; serves as the initial contact to review concerns with AutoCAD designers on projects; provides preliminary reviews, and directs methods and approaches of CAD design.
- Leads and coordinates CAD team; coordinates resources; schedules staff, coordinates and reviews the work of assigned CADD professionals and technicians; provides input to management regarding personnel performance evaluations; recommends training opportunities for staff.
- Attend daily status meetings, pre-construction / kick-off meetings as required. Maintains a priority list of corners; assures monthly equipment maintenance objectives are performed and documented.
- Oversees the development of engineering designs, perform drafting duties, and interpret rough engineering sketches to produce working drawings using manual and CAD techniques. Produce architectural, structural, civil, mechanical, and electrical drawings.
- Supports all engineering and architectural disciplines with detailed drawing support for design projects
- Review digital survey information, field notes and sketches to determine what the information is indicating and what approach needs to be taken to create a comprehensive plan
- Research and locate existing map data (maps and other published information) to support the creation of new plans
- Leads, mentors and direct the work of less experienced drafters.
- Perform other qualified duties as assigned
Knowledge & Skills
- Thorough knowledge of AutoCAD 2012 (or later version) and Microsoft Office
- Has working knowledge of computer networks and be able to install, maintain, operate and troubleshoot large format plotters
- Ability to accurately read design drawings and calculate shapes (geometric, etc.) also required
- Must have the capability to tie all surveys/maps to geodetic monuments set by the US Government for both horizontal and vertical control
Experience & Education
- Associates degree (A.A.S.) from a two‐year technical school with an emphasis in computer aided design and a minimum of five (5) years of related work or industry experience.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
Physical Requirements/Working Environment
- Living and working conditions at the assignment location could be remote and uncomfortable
- Long hours, exposure to weather and hazardous conditions
- Personnel should be aware of moving on short notice and under adverse conditions
Must have ability to obtain and maintain US security clearance at proper level
Primary Location: AFGHANISTAN-OCONUS-KANDAHAR
Job Posting: Jun 19, 2017, 1:45:38 PM
Unposting Date: Ongoing
Req ID: 1702591