CSX Employee Services Specialist in JACKSONVILLE, Florida
Title: Employee Services Specialist
Location: United States-FL-Jacksonville
Job Number: 043935
The Employee Services (ES) Specialist is a member of the Employee Service Center (ESC) team, responsible for providing front-line customer service and support to employees (active and inactive), Business Leaders, Human Resource (HR) Business Partners and Centers of Expertise (COE's). The ES Specialist will perform customer service related administrative, transactional, and data/records management activities in support of the Administration function.
Primary Activities and Responsibilities:
· Resolve employee issues, concerns and questions received via, mail, phone, fax and email regarding company policies and processes. Research requests extensively in Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) documents, HR Systems, HR Portal and Employee Gateway. Thoroughly document all requests and issues in the ESC case management system and escalate cases to COE's or ESC Manager as appropriate.
· Process and administer certain administrative functions regarding I-9 documentation, benefits, recognition awards, unemployment claims and exit interviews.
· Provide recommendations and improvements to ESC knowledge base of FAQ's.
· Provide support to HR Business Partners and COE's.
· Miscellaneous activities and responsibilities as assigned by manager.
· Bachelors degree from an accredited institution required
· 1 or more years of experience required in Administration, Human Resources or Customer Service
Equivalent Minimum Qualifications:
· Associates degree from an accredited institution required
· 3 or more years of experience required in Administration, Human Resources or Customer Service
In addition to meeting the above qualifications, any of the following are preferred:
· Bachelors degree from an accredited institution in Human Resources, Business Administration or related field
· 3 or more years of experience in Administration, Human Resources or Customer Service
· 1 or more years of Interactive Voice Response (IVR) Telephony experience
· 1 more years of Case Management System experience
· 1 or more years of Railroad Industry Experience
· 1 or more years of Shared Services Performance Management
Knowledge and Skills:
· Knowledge of HR concepts and terminology
· Knowledge of IVR telephony system
· Knowledge of Human Resource Information Systems (HRIS)
· Strong customer service orientation and verbal communication skills
· Problem-solving and follow-through skills
· Listening and reading comprehension skills
· Computer skills and technical capabilities
· Ability to multi-task
· Ability to excel in a fast-paced, high-volume environment
The CSX Competency Framework is the foundation of our Talent Strategy and is what drives CSX performance. CSX accordingly selects and develops talent based on each of the following competencies: analyze issues and make effective decisions, advance the business, engage, coach, and build a diverse workforce, build partnerships, improve service quality and processes, execute effectively, demonstrate personal leadership, and demonstrate functional and technical agility.
· 10% travel required.
· Work hours may vary in length and schedule. Work hours may include a nonstandard workweek.
Safety is a way of life at CSX, encompassing every aspect of company operations. Guided by a policy of ensuring the safety of our employees, our customers, and the communities we serve, CSX works relentlessly to prevent accidents and injuries. Not only is it the right thing to do, but when a company puts safety first, everyone benefits: the employees and their families, the customers, and the communities.
CSX Corporation, a Fortune 500 company headquartered in Jacksonville, FL, is a multi-modal freight transportation company serving customers across North America. Through its primary subsidiary, CSX operates the largest railroad in the eastern United States with operations in 23 states, the District of Columbia, and two Canadian provinces. CSX also includes an integrated intermodal company which serves customers with its own truck and terminal operations as well as a dedicated domestic container fleet. Other CSX subsidiaries provide technology and real estate support to the company. These subsidiaries combine to allow CSX to deliver efficient freight alternatives to customers in a variety of industries, including coal, chemicals, automobiles, metals, agricultural and forest products, food and consumer goods.
CSX Transportation (CSXT) is the largest company in the CSX family employing approximately 30,000 management and union employees. CSXT's primary focus is the operation, maintenance, and management of the largest railroad in the eastern United States.
At CSX two of the company's core values are People Make The Difference and Safety Is A Way of Life. We are committed to offering our team members the most competitive compensation and benefits package available, unlimited opportunities for development and growth throughout an exciting and rewarding career, and the safest work environment possible.
CSX is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer that supports diversity in the workplace.