CSX Director Revenue Services-Waybilling in JACKSONVILLE, Florida
Title: Director Revenue Services-Waybilling
Location: United States-FL-Jacksonville
Job Number: 043937
Provides vision, direction, and leadership to the Waybilling Team in Carload Revenue Services, responsible for billing about 3.9 million carloads annually. Ensures that critical 24/7 waybilling processes support timely, complete, and accurate shipping instructions. Facilitates automation, standardization, process improvement, and consistency. Ensures management staff is effectively managing goals and projects. Leads a team of approximately 14 employees, including 4 management and 10 union employees.
Primary Activities and Responsibilities
- Oversee the direction and management of the Waybilling Team: Customer bill of lading information is translated into shipping instructions (a waybill) so that a freight car can begin its move to deliver freight-waybill processing time is key and is a 24/7 operation. Approximately 3.9m carloads are waybilled through the Waybilling Team or system logic each year.
- Ensure "best in class" waybilling processes, procedures, and key performance indicators including: Timely waybilling: Critical for operations and to avoid train delays. For each waybill processed by personnel, it must be completed in 2 hours of less for Transportation and 1 hour or less for intermodal. Productivity: leverages Verint (productivity tool) to determine resource allocation and adjusts as resources are constantly being streamlined.
- The team works closely with the following partners: Customer Operations and E-Business to ensure accurate waybill shipping instructions important to fluid business operations. Accounting & Reporting and Financial Systems Research Team to identify areas for billing improvement and process issues that may affect revenue reporting. Technology to implement system productivity initiatives
- Direct and assist employees to ensure that goals and projects are properly completed in a timely and accurate manner, including employee development.
- Controller's people development initiatives as well as collaborate with peer group on cross-functional teams to support the special projects in support of the Controller's initiatives and Company goals.
- Miscellaneous activities and responsibilities as assigned by manager.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution required in Accounting, Business, Finance or related major field of study
- Masters degree from an accredited institution in Accounting, Business, Finance, or related major field of study
- 7 or more years of supervisory experience in Accounting, Business, Finance, Customer Operations or related field
- 5 or more years of experience in carload billing process
- Knowledge and understanding of waybilling, waybill suspense, contract refund payments, liquidated damages billing, and the foreign road process, including interline settlements, switching, railroad claims, and junction settlements
Broad knowledge of information technology
Strong knowledge of revenue recognition rules
Strong audit and review skills
Strong project leadership skills
Strong presentation skills
Strong written and verbal communication skills
Ability to improve processes and drive cost beneficial change
Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of employees
Ability to influence others outside of your direct control
Ability to attract and acquire top talent and develop the team to advance in the organization
The CSX Competency Framework is the foundation of our Talent Strategy and is what drives CSX performance. CSX accordingly selects and develops talent based on each of the following competencies: analyze issues and make effective decisions, advance the business, engage, coach, and build a diverse workforce, build partnerships, improve service quality and processes, execute effectively, demonstrate personal leadership, and demonstrate functional and technical agility.
- Work hours may vary in length and schedule (may include a non-standard work week)
- Work inside an office environment
Safety is a way of life at CSX, encompassing every aspect of company operations. Guided by a policy of ensuring the safety of our employees, our customers and the communities we serve, CSX works relentlessly to prevent accidents and injuries. Not only is it the right thing to do, but when a company puts safety first, everyone benefits: the employees and their families, the customers and the communities. In line with our commitment to safety, the applicant selected for this position may be required to successfully complete a background check and drug test. Passing results must be received prior to start date in new position.
CSX, based in Jacksonville, Florida, is a premier transportation company. It provides rail, intermodal and rail-to-truck transload services and solutions to customers across a broad array of markets, including energy, industrial, construction, agricultural, and consumer products. For nearly 190 years, CSX has played a critical role in the nation's economic expansion and industrial development. Its network connects every major metropolitan area in the eastern United States, where nearly two-thirds of the nation's population resides. It also links more than 240 short-line railroads and more than 70 ocean, river and lake ports with major population centers and farming towns alike. More information about CSX Corporation and its subsidiaries is available at www.csx.com. Like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter.
At CSX, two of the company's core values are People Make The Difference and Safety Is A Way of Life. We are committed to offering our team members the most competitive compensation and benefits package available, unlimited opportunities for development and growth throughout an exciting and rewarding career, and the safest work environment possible. CSX is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. Click here to view the EEO is Law poster. Here Click here to view the OFCCP pay transparency provision information. Here