City of Hope Systems Administrator in Irwindale, California
Department: ITS - Data Center Operations
Job Title: Systems Administrator
Requisition #: 8661
Responsible for installing, configuring, maintaining, and administering organizational Windows NT, 2000, 2003 Servers, Exchange and Active Directory (AD) environments. Monitors system performance and recommends enhancements and upgrades. Diagnose and troubleshoot Local Area Network hardware and software problems.
The following are essential job accountabilities:
- Install, maintain, upgrade and administer organizational Windows NT, 2000, 2003, and Exchange servers.
- Assist the project manager in designing & implementing Exchange and AD environments.
- Maintain Exchange and AD environments, as well as maintaining server operating systems and hardware, server-to-server connectivity with Exchange and AD.
- Perform user account administration on Active Directory and Exchange.
- Perform print queue administration and troubleshoot server printing problems.
- Assist the Data Security Administrator in maintaining security on servers and AD, including security patches, hardening, and AD Global Policies.
- Provide technical assistance to PC support and Installation Technicians on networking hardware/software configuration, and printing issues.
- Maintain and verifies proper network backup procedures.
- Provide technical support and guidance for all departmental Local Area Network administrators.
- Provide technical assistance to vendors in identifying and troubleshooting server problems.
- Responsible for documenting organization’s server environment.
- Recommends appropriate tools for improved monitoring and administration of the Server, Exchange and AD environments.
- Keeps abreast of the latest technology and issues dealing with organizational server(s) and environment.
- Assist the project manager in the ITS department in whichever project(s) he/she needs assistance with, upon a directive from the server administration manager and/or the technical services director.
- Each system administrator will be on-call 24/7 on a scheduled and sometimes unscheduled basis. The primary system administrator (PSA) on-call will need to be ready to assist users, vendors and or ITS personnel whenever he/she is called or paged. The Primary on-call system administrator will perform the daily duties of the Primary System Administrator documented in the policies and procedures documentation
- Each system administrator will be on-call 24/7 on a scheduled and sometimes unscheduled basis to assist the primary system administrator on-call; the backup system administrator (BSA) on-call will be assisting the primary system administrator on a needed basis. The BSA must assume the responsibility of the PSA, if he/she is not available or unable to perform his/her duties. The BSA might be needed to assist users, vendors and or ITS personnel whenever he/she is called or paged.
- Will install and maintain the Blackberry environment including client installs, troubleshooting, and maintaining the Blackberry Enterprise Server (BES) environment.
- Rack and un-rack servers in the organization’s data center.
- Maintain a positive image when dealing with department personnel and other City of Hope employees.
- Follows established City of Hope and department policies, procedures, objectives, performance improvement, attendance, safety, environmental, and infection control guidelines. Practices a high level of integrity and honesty in maintaining confidentiality. 
- Responsible to work on and process helpdesk, RFS, and AccessNet tickets. The system administrator must meet all departmental requirements pertaining to helpdesk, RFS, and AccessNet tickets.
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field
- Experience may substitute for minimum education requirements
- Three or more years of progressive experience in administrating Local Area Networks in a heterogeneous Multi-vendor networked environment that includes Exchange, Active Directory, Windows NT, 2000, and 2003 platforms
- Microsoft MCSA or MCSE
- Knowledge of TCP/IP, DHCP, WINS, DNS, Microsoft System
- Management Server, Net IQ, Compaq Insight Manager (CIM)
- Local Area Networks
- Exchange and Active Directory 2003 system administration monitoring and directory management tools. Windows server, Microsoft Word, Excel, Project, Visio
ABOUT CITY OF HOPE:
City of Hope, an innovative biomedical research, treatment and educational institution with over 4000 employees, is dedicated to the prevention and cure of cancer and other life-threatening diseases and guided by a compassionate, patient-centered philosophy.
Founded in 1913 and headquartered in Duarte, California, City of Hope is a remarkable non-profit institution, where compassion and advanced care go hand-in-hand with excellence in clinical and scientific research. City of Hope is a National Cancer Institute designated Comprehensive Cancer Center and a founding member of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network, an alliance of the nation’s 20 leading cancer centers that develops and institutes standards of care for cancer treatment.
WHY CHOOSE CITY OF HOPE?
- One of only 45 comprehensive cancer centers, the highest designation bestowed by the National Cancer Institute
- Ranked as one of “America’s Best Hospitals” in cancer by US News & World Report
- We value workplace diversity and are committed to the training and development of our employees
- We offer a comprehensive benefit and total rewards package
City of Hope strongly supports and values the uniqueness of all individuals and promotes a work environment where diversity is embraced. City of Hope is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.