City of Hope Senior Manager - Strategic HealthcareTech in Irwindale, California
Senior Manager - Strategic HealthcareTech
Department: ITS- Information Security
Job Title: Senior Manager – Strategic Healthcare Technology
POSITION SUMMARY & KEY RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Senior Manager of Strategic Healthcare Technology is a senior level healthcare operations savvy leader within the CTO office and is responsible for leading the major strategic infrastructure initiatives directly supporting patient care and the clinical provider digital experience
This person is responsible for the hands-on work with clinic staff, providers, executives, vendors, and other stakeholders to ensure the effective delivery and successful implementation of healthcare technology solutions (Epic) supporting innovative care models and improved health outcomes
- Will have practical experience and technical skills in health care management and clinical redesign.
- Has primary responsibility for ensuring the smooth and consistent delivery of solutions specifically supporting patient care and research across the various City of Hope functions and entities.
- Must be a team-oriented leader who drives program execution and owns executive level status reporting on the benefits realization associated with healthcare technology roadmaps, outsourcing, and third party service contracts.
- Must be able to communicate with healthcare operations leadership executives and technical teams to manage expectations and ensure strategic alignment and prioritization. This is accomplished by creating a cohesive strategy and plan supporting the patient care delivery transformation specifically related to the implementation and operation of the infrastructure required for our new enterprise electronic medical record system
This role directly manages various assigned technology subject matter experts, program and project managers, as well as business and financial analysts through coaching, mentoring and direct guidance to ensure the team is successful.
- Provides vision for the structure and discipline of IT support operations required for a growing healthcare system
- Responsible for optimizing the delivery and efficacy of technology solutions through the use of internal and external resources in support of healthcare delivery.
- Manages up to a $5M operational department budget
- Facilitates communication between business and IT executive leadership to ensure that the technology strategies align with business and clinical strategic objectives and priorities
- Oversees contract negotiations for support operations related services
- Contributes to annual planning and review of support operations related project budgets
- Partners with key internal stakeholders to build effective relationships and collaborative team environments, makes progress toward organization support operations objectives through an exceptional ability to influence and educate.
- Partners with and supports the activities and objectives of our internal audit and compliance teams
- Partners with assigned vendors to build effective relationships and collaborative team environments; manage vendor contract SLA’s to achieve established goals, and provides recommendations for enhancing vendor relationships
- Conducts quantitative and qualitative analyses
- Leads performance improvement efforts, including process assessment, data collection and reporting, and development of dashboards and scorecards
- Manages the development of proposals, project deliverables, white papers, and other business materials
- Meets with executive members, and clients to maintain good communication regarding project work, goals, challenges, and expected outcomes
TECHNICAL SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- Prior experience in at least two of the following areas preferred: Clinical program design or Health information technology solution implementation
- Functional project management experience
- Strong communication skills to interact with the executive steering committee, key healthcare and technical stakeholders
- Strong influencing and negotiation skills
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship management skills
- Experience with project management and presentation tools (MS Project, MS PowerPoint)
- Experience in contracting, strategy, planning, purchasing, and monitoring
- Monitors and evaluates staff to ensure compliance with all support operations objectives, policies and protocols
- Drives cultural change by effectively communicating the risks and impacts of poor support operations practices
- Understanding the technology impact to healthcare management operations related to the utilization of clinical and research systems
- Ability to identify problems, evaluates alternatives, and implements effective solutions.
- Superior communication skills, both verbal and written with demonstrated skills in presenting information to executive level management audiences.
- Participates in efforts between IT leadership and other healthcare operations and related business units
- Establishes and communicates a clear set of success criteria: team member’s performance, career development, and project performance
- Provides clear, consistent, regular communication with executive leadership, team, and project stakeholders at all levels
- Effectively collaborates with peers and executive leadership to share resources on critical projects; seeks opportunities to help others' projects by sharing and reallocating team members' priorities and assignments
- Manages a positive, collaborative team environment that encourages support and success
- Oversees the development of skills and performance of team members to encourage innovation, growth, and loyalty to the company
- Practices “Management by Wandering Around;” takes the opportunity to get to know staff in “informal/impromptu” settings
- Consistently displays “Executive Presence” that is reflected in professional dress and confidence in speaking and presenting at executive level meetings.
Minimum Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Five years of IT healthcare operations, infrastructure and/or business administration experience required
- Master’s Degree in a healthcare related field
- Healthcare administration related internship and/or fellowship experience at large academic/research hospitals preferred
ABOUT CITY OF HOPE:
City of Hope, an innovative biomedical research, treatment and educational institution with over 4000 employees, is dedicated to the prevention and cure of cancer and other life-threatening diseases and guided by a compassionate, patient-centered philosophy.
Founded in 1913 and headquartered in Duarte, California, City of Hope is a remarkable non-profit institution, where compassion and advanced care go hand-in-hand with excellence in clinical and scientific research. City of Hope is a National Cancer Institute designated Comprehensive Cancer Center and a founding member of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network, an alliance of the nation’s 20 leading cancer centers that develops and institutes standards of care for cancer treatment.
WHY CHOOSE CITY OF HOPE?
- One of only 45 comprehensive cancer centers, the highest designation bestowed by the National Cancer Institute
- Ranked as one of “America’s Best Hospitals” in cancer by US News & World Report
- We value workplace diversity and are committed to the training and development of our employees
- We offer a comprehensive benefit and total rewards package
City of Hope strongly supports and values the uniqueness of all individuals and promotes a work environment where diversity is embraced. City of Hope is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability. *LI-DA | *CB-DA