City of Hope Lead IT Service Management Analyst in Irwindale, California
Lead IT Service Management Analyst
Department: ITS - Data Center Operations
Job Title: Lead IT Service Management Analyst
Requisition #: 8639
Position Summary & Key Responsibilities:
The Lead Information Technology Service Management (ITSM) Analyst position is responsible for establishing and managing process, policy, and procedure, specifically around the main focus areas will be service catalog management, incident management, change management and problem management. This resource will also support an ITSM practice that will mature City of Hope’s (CoH) planning, delivery and operational processes through the introduction of industry best practices based on the Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) framework. This includes establishing and continuously improving an CoH Service Catalogue and entering into Service Level Agreements with business units; monitoring CoH’s service delivery performance against those agreements; advocating on behalf of the business in the setting of CoH priorities; representing CoH to the business;
The Lead ITSM Analyst works collaboratively with CoH management and staff to ensure best practice processes are applied to ensure the efficient and effective delivery of IT services.
- Manage CMDB to ensure consistency and all data is up-to-date; develop processes for maintaining and auditing CMDB.
- Chair the CAB (Change Advisory Board) Meetings to review and ensure changes are discussed and maintained appropriately and are aligned with ITIL best practices; Manage and enforce process and policy for all CAB meetings.
- Build and manage reporting related to change and outage management. Support the service and customizations to BMC Remedyforce ITIL system to ensure high availability of crucial SLA related statistics for entire department.
- Facilitate outage management process and protocol. Manage and enforce process.
- Provide Problem Management and outage support to ensure high priority incidents are not repetitive and ensure quick resolution
- Develops, monitors, and improves operating procedures and processes linked to the front line incident management
- Ensures timely resolution of all customer problems, requests, or complaints. Effectively partners with all lines of service (other CoH sections) to ensure timely resolution of customer problems, requests, or complaints. Responds to high level critical problems or complaints from customers; This is specifically for outage and critical incidents.
- Build/Manage reporting services and customizations to BMC Remedyforce ITIL system as its related to the focus areas (problem mgmt, change mgmt, incident mgmt)
- Manage the delivery of IT related services to meet the requirements of the business;
- Build service relationships with internal customers and internal/external service providers;
- Manage cross functional teams as necessary to implement and maintain all aforementioned policy and procedures.
- Ensure that systems, processes and methodologies as specified are followed to ensure effective monitoring, control and support of service delivery, with particular regard to regulatory compliance;
- Provide reports to an agreed schedule (or on request), including management summary and detailed performance reports;
- To facilitate customer service review meetings to ensure Incidents are properly acknowledged and communicated by all ITS Groups;
- To escalate and manage service issues internally and with external providers to ensure customer satisfaction is maintained;
- Approve changes to the service delivery model, contracts or SLAs;
- Manage the internal communication with the business including service performance, FAQs, process information and necessary forms;
- Manage high priority incidents, conduct lessons learned and implement remediation plans;
- Deliver a high level of Customer Service through a positive Customer focused attitude;
- Provide the Client ITSM interface into the ITIL Service disciplines delivered by IT Suppliers, covering Incident, Problem and Change Management
Minimum Education and Experience:
- Bachelors in Management Information Systems or equivalent; experience may substitute for educational requirement
- 10+ years working in an IT Service environment supporting proprietary applications and providing IT Helpdesk Support
- HDI (Helpdesk Institute) Certification in Service Desk support
- ITIL V3 or 2011 Certification
- Candidate should have excellent verbal and written communication skills and able to multi-task in a fast paced, high volume environment
- Highly proficient ITIL Concepts
ABOUT CITY OF HOPE:
City of Hope, an innovative biomedical research, treatment and educational institution with over 4000 employees, is dedicated to the prevention and cure of cancer and other life-threatening diseases and guided by a compassionate, patient-centered philosophy.
Founded in 1913 and headquartered in Duarte, California, City of Hope is a remarkable non-profit institution, where compassion and advanced care go hand-in-hand with excellence in clinical and scientific research. City of Hope is a National Cancer Institute designated Comprehensive Cancer Center and a founding member of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network, an alliance of the nation’s 20 leading cancer centers that develops and institutes standards of care for cancer treatment.
WHY CHOOSE CITY OF HOPE?
- One of only 45 comprehensive cancer centers, the highest designation bestowed by the National Cancer Institute
- Ranked as one of “America’s Best Hospitals” in cancer by US News & World Report
- We value workplace diversity and are committed to the training and development of our employees
- We offer a comprehensive benefit and total rewards package
City of Hope strongly supports and values the uniqueness of all individuals and promotes a work environment where diversity is embraced. City of Hope is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability. *LI-DA | *CB-DA