Comcast Headend Technician 1 - South Hub in HOUSTON, Texas
Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world's best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
Responsible for installing, testing, operating, maintaining, and repairing headend equipment. Periodically tests all equipment and the quality of signals throughout the cable network. Maintains required logs, records, and other documentation pertaining to headend operations. Installs new technology as projects and department goals require. Conducts quality control tests and measurements on new installations.
- Performs advanced headend maintenance and troubleshooting to ensure minimal system outages.
- Assists in the fault resolution of RF, IP, and Digital Video networks.
- Maintains an inventory of required parts for headend and OTN projects.
- Works within manufacturer's rated weight capacity for all equipment, including but not limited to ladders and aerial lifts.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) and overtime as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- High School or Equivalent
- Technical Certificate
- Generally requires 0-2 years related experience
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer