Philips Regional Sales Manager, Digital Pathology (Northeast) in Home Worker, Massachusetts
Regional Sales Manager, Digital Pathology (Northeast)
The North East Regional Manager develops, maintains and improves the relations with key accounts in an assigned market segment.
Develops, maintains and improves the relations with important end users and their advisers. Initializes and coordinates all Philips efforts to the accounts in order to maximize the output of the sales group.
Translates the business plan of the sales group into a strategic 2-3 year plan in which targets, strategy and actions are set to meet the short- and long term goals.
Creates and implements action programs for and with the key accounts to improve the performance of Philips. Drive the performance of the functions in the account team to get it done.
• Develop strong knowledge of market, accounts, competition and industry trends and utilize in creation of Regional Sales Strategy
• Develop a Regional Sales Strategy to achieve or exceed goals, metrics and expectations
• Ensure the Regional Sales Strategy represents the full One Philips product portfolio including services
• Direct the development of AM Business Plans, consolidating all plans into a Region Plan for BP and Stakeholder alignment
• Communicate and drive execution of the Regional Sales Strategy.
• Communicate overall strategy with all stake holders to include specialists and service.
• Adapt to Philips strategies to align with evolving customer needs
• Monitor, analyze, and drive sales metrics and results.
• Manage and drive funnel growth and forecast accuracy across all product lines
• Coach AMs in executing their business and hold them accountable for their results.
• Participate in customer meetings to closure.
• Develop and leverage relationships to assist the sales team in deal execution.
• Responsible for funnel, forecast, regional profitability and AOP performance
• Create and sustain relationships with senior players at major accounts.
• Coach the sales team to meet and manage customer expectations throughout the sales process.
• Ensure customer issues are resolved through the escalation process.
• Coach the sales team to support the customer during deliver, install, and post-installation
• Ensure the usage of standard processes and guidelines by the sales team.
• Coach AM’s and AE’s to create winning account and deal strategies which includes a One Philip approach to the customer.
• Build a strong regional team through hiring, succession planning, and onboarding.
• Set clear expectations and communicate regularly to promote understanding.
• Foster a culture of teamwork and information sharing.
• Create a strong culture of development by building the skills and knowledge of the sales team.
We Are Looking For:
• 10+ years’ experience; Five years minimum management responsibility.
• Strong executive level interpersonal skills
• Proven experience navigating and successfully developing complex deals.
• A world class, senior level sales professional with a proven track record of success managing people and complex multi discipline sales scenarios
• Demonstrated success at developing and communicating a clear strategic vision and effectively executing that vision.
• Demonstrated ability to create and implement Sales Strategies.
• Ability to work with and manage by influence a large diverse sales team to close complex sales opportunities
• Possessing the drive and persistency to overcome obstacles are paramount to success in this position.
• Working knowledge of Healthcare products and services is preferred.
- Digital Pathology or Informatics experience required
Philips is a leading health technology company focused on improving people’s health and enabling better outcomes across the health continuum from healthy living and prevention, to diagnosis, treatment and home care. Philips leverages advanced technology and deep clinical and consumer insights to deliver integrated solutions. The company is a leader in diagnostic imaging, image-guided therapy, patient monitoring and health informatics, as well as in consumer health and home care. Headquartered in the Netherlands, Philips posted 2015 sales of EUR 16.8 billion and employs over 70,000+ employees with sales and services in more than 100 countries. News about Philips can be found at www.philips.com/newscenter .
Philips is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, creed, citizenship, disability, protected veteran or marital status.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.