Evoqua Water Technologies Field Service Engineer in Holland, Michigan
Field Service Engineer
Company Evoqua Water Technologies LLC
Division P & T - Separation Technologies
Functional Area FS - Field Service
Location MI - Holland
Req ID 131846
Job Type Regular
Job Time Full-Time
Experience Level Mid Level
Required Education High School Diploma
Required Travel 95%
Evoqua Water Technologies LLC is a leader in water and wastewater treatment products, systems and services for industrial and municipal customers. Its comprehensive, cost-effective and reliable treatment systems and services reduce fresh water demand, ensure uninterrupted quantity and quality of water, and enable regulatory and environmental compliance. With a wide range of proven product brands and advanced water and wastewater treatment technologies, mobile and emergency water supply solutions and service contract options, Evoqua helps cities provide clean water and industrial plants to maintain productivity and profitability. For more information, visit www.evoqua.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Evoqua Water Technologies LLC is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, veteran or military status.
We request priority referrals of qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans for all job openings. The following is the contact information for Evoqua Water Technologies LLC job postings – email@example.com.
As a condition of employment, all selected candidates will undergo Evoqua Water Technologies’ standard pre-employment checks, including but not limited to a background check regarding criminal history education, and employment, and a drug test.
Evoqua Water Technologies LLC has an opportunity for a Field Service Engineer to join our team based in Holland, MI. The Field Service Engineer can be located anywhere within the United States within a one hour drive to a major airport due to the extensive travel requirements of this position (85-100%). This role will largely provide technical assistance and support to company engineers and equipment end users in the quick and efficient start up of newly installed equipment, training of site personnel in the operation and maintenance of the equipment, and repair of the equipment.
The primary responsibilities of this position include:
- This position requires work in industrial or municipal, water and wastewater facilities that may be under construction or already existing. The work may require international as well as domestic travel, and may require extended stays. Work may exceed eight hours per day, and on occasion may be as long as 12 to 15 hours per day.
- A FSE is responsible for the commissioning of both single water treatment devices as well as entire industrial systems. This may include guiding the work of construction trades such as electricians, pipe fitters, millwrights, and professional disciplines such as engineers, chemists, and operating technicians. The FSE must have the ability to troubleshoot instrumentation & use PLC programs.
- A FSE should be organized with good writing skills, able to craft documentation and perform presentations to suit the audience.
- Will work daily, maintaining standard internal documents and reports, scripting details & updating tasks may require various methods to manage and separate work done, and work to be done. This ability to foresee necessary work, organize and disseminate as needed is critical to maintaining typical project schedules.
- Use of Microsoft Office suite is a daily & essential duty, as is several internal programs such as on-line travel assistants and electronic expense reporting programs. General computer skills are necessary in completing daily requirements.
- Domestic and International travel may be required. Shall be capable of developing a positive and professional working relationship with specialty and union site craft, learn and follow site rules and safety regulations, and use good judgment on behalf of Siemens.
The qualifications this candidate will have include:
- Bachelor of Science degree desired, although commensurate experience will be considered. At minimum, a High School Diploma or GED equivalent is required.
- Secondary language skills are desirable
- At least 5-10 years experience commissioning industrial equipment, operating and maintaining waste water treatment machinery & equipment and systems such as:
o Inclined to troubleshoot and maintain, Mechanical, hydraulics & pneumatic systems
o Strong water treatment process knowledge is a plus
o Ability to systematically disseminate and manipulate problems on systems where any combination of the above are used, and therefore may effect the operational outcome. Will be called on to demonstrate and train other in the same.
- Must have the ability to read and interpret basic electrical and mechanical drawings, P&IDs, installation and/or civil drawings, and the ability to discuss specifics, notes and changes with varied disciplines.
- Available for extensive travel, often on short notice
- Evoqua’s specified Testing and Training might be required as necessary including, but not limited to:
Bloodborne pathogen training and Hepatitis A and B vaccinations, or a signed declination form.
Immunizations as required by job site locations.
Heavy Metal Blood screens every 6 months.
Respirator training and annual Pulmonary Function Test (PFT).
May be required to pass a 40-hour health and safety training for hazardous waste, at the company's expense.
- Additional testing can be required at customer request including, but not limited to, drug screening, medical testing for special work conditions, and safety tests.
- Ability to obtain an U.S. passport
- Ability to obtain an Evoqua company credit card
-Must have valid driver’s license and clean driving record
- The ability to gain access to a nuclear power site by passing a related sociological screen may be necessary