Intel Software Integration Engineer in Hillsboro, Oregon
The System Integration team in the Client Systems and Software (CSS) organization is looking for an experienced software engineer to join us as to bring Intel’s latest client platforms to market with the latest Windows operating systems from Microsoft. We are looking for a candidate who is energetic and passionate about shaping the client platform experiences of tomorrow!
In this position, the successful candidate will be responsible for integrating and debugging various components such as Audio, Imaging, Graphics, Comms into Intel’s client platforms. They will be responsible for leading and integrating E2E key critical platform features for CCG and Intel. Candidate will interface with Intel’s ingredient, platform, validation and Microsoft-facing teams to fit all the pieces together, and to identify and help fix the pieces that are broken. The scope includes hands-on work with cutting edge client hardware and software in a challenging environment leading up to platform launch.
Core skills include the ability to communicate and work with silicon, hardware, and software teams across Intel, as well as the ability to develop and maintain integration plans. In addition, the need to debug, isolate, and root-cause integration failures is essential. The job rewards a self-starter with the ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team.
Candidate should possess a Bachelor or a Master of Science degree in Computer Engineering/Science (or equivalent working experience) with at least 10 years of relevant experience.
• Solid understanding of Power Management flows and debug isolation
• Software (SDLC) and product development lifecycles (PLC)Knowledgeable in Intel client/mobile Architecture SoC / CPU+PCH chipset architecture
• Knowledge of PC or tablet IA architecture.
• Experience with debugging techniques (local/remote), including profilers, debuggers, and system monitoring hardware desired.
• System integration, validation and/or debug experience.
• Knowledge of Microsoft OS internals and drivers.
• Solid analytical skills - identifying, analyzing and root-causing issues
• Ability to learn new skills quickly and independently.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Experience in Windows device driver, Board level debug, FW knowledge
Inside this Business Group
The Client Computing Group is responsible for all aspects of the client computing business across Phone, Phablet, Tablet and PC platforms, leading Intel's efforts to transform client computing through technologies, new form factors, and driving Intel's corporate-wide user experience initiatives. This spans all client device brands including hardware, software and connectivity ingredients for phones, tablets, Ultrabook™, All-in-Ones, 2 in 1 computing devices, and home gateways.
Posting Statement. Intel prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.