Expedia Manager, Engineering in Hamburg, Germany
As part of the global CarRentals.com Engineering Team you will help us to create the brand new Global SEO Platform for our millions of daily users containing more than 2 million automatically created landing pages. Our challenge is to create an efficient and effective SEO Platform that serves our supply organization, our marketing organization, their marketing campaign management, and our awareness of global events.
You will be working within a team of highly motivated and skilled developers who love solving challenging problems with innovative solutions. This position will require the employee to work on-site 100% in Hamburg, Germany.
We’re looking for an engineeringmanager based in Hamburg, Germanytomanage the team responsible for Search Engine Optimization for our global commerce platform. You will directly manage a software engineering team and provide on-site coaching and leadership for other roles in Hamburg.
As an engineering manager you are responsible for the search engine optimization and the team and practices that create and sustain it. You work closely with your business counterparts and other technology counterparts to create technology solutions that scale and evolve effortlessly and delight customers and partners using our services.
This role will lead teams to create and sustain ourcommercialsearch engine optimization platform. You will be responsible for hiring, inspiring,and sustaining an autonomous team that works so closely with your business partner that you function as a semi-autonomous business unit. Your team will design, build, test, release, and sustain your products. You will be responsible for theperformance, resiliency, and scalability of your products. You will focus on continuous operational improvement, operations health and systems integrity. You will contribute to data collection andanalytics development. You will participate in analysis of business and technical performance, and you will use this knowledge to foster innovation and coach your team to business and technical excellence.
- Hire great people, mentor a great team, establish great relationships and build a great culture
- Create efficient and effective software product delivery practices
- Implement the product vision from a technical perspective
- Support and advise the Marketing and Product Teams with deep technical insights
- Evaluate and estimate the implications of SEO strategies on our technology stack
- Actively question established approaches and raise the level of innovation to excell in a fiercely contested market
- Identify new technologies and techniques that can improve our Platforms and development processes
- Take ownership for your team and your products and ensure technical and business health of the platform
- Evaluate your contributions to the business in terms of business metrics
Common Traits of Successful CarRentals Accelerators
- Enthusiasm, Curiosity, Commitment, Self-Control, Optimism, Social Intelligence, Gratitude.
- Bias for action. Bias for data driven decisions. Bias for “test and learn”.
- 12+ years experienceengineering global ecommerce solutions, search optimization solutions, and search optimization analytics
- 8+ years experience hiring and sustaining highly productive delivery teams spanning program management, development, quality assurance and operations staff
- 8+ years experience leading and coaching product deliveryfrom inception to sustaining operations
- Deep experience in Agile/Scrum software delivery practices
- A deep understanding of software development in a team, and desire to optimize delivery for all contributors
- Experienceshipping and sustainingquality software efficiently and dependably
- Exceptional customer relationship skills including the ability to discover the true requirements underlying feature requests, recommendalternative technical and business approaches, and lead engineering efforts to meet aggressive timelines with iterative delivery
- Experience designing,building and maintaining high-performance, distributed and scalable software
- Experience withtechnologies likeJava/PHP/Ruby on Rails/Python,Linux/Unix, Relational and NoSQL data stores
- Experience designing, building and operatinglarge scale infrastructure in the cloud (preferably AWS)
- Experience applying rigorous testing, monitoring, regress-ability, PCI-DSS security practices
- Experience creatinghighly availability, reliable and performant software-as-a-service solutions.
- Experience designing and implementing SOA patterns, including distributable, elastic patterns
- Experience in test automation, diagnostics automation
- Experience withperformance engineering practices, tools and techniques
- BS or MS in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent demonstrable hands-on experience
CarRentals is a small, but rapidly growing part of the Expedia, Inc. portfolio. CR offers a great opportunity to work in a start-up-like environment while having the resources, benefits and network of a large, multi-national online e-commerce company (sister brands include: Expedia.com, Trivago.de, Hotels.com, Hotwire.com and more). We are looking for talented individuals to join our team. We work hard and are passionate about improving our product and customer experience. There are many reasons to join our team including:
Have a purpose and a voice (we all have a role, but we’re all responsible for our future)
Generate impact (we’re a small team whose revenue is growing fast – what you do will have a big impact on our collective future)
- Teach and learn (we are all talented individuals, but teamwork is a core value)
- Gain exposure to new areas (we are small, so we all pitch in across the company)
- Create career growth opportunities (Expedia, Inc. is huge; do well and explore)
- Be challenged and have fun (we wouldn’t be here if it wasn’t fun and challenging)
We are fun, passionate, talented, a little quirky, are serious about our business and love technology. We are also highly team-oriented: we believe that engineering is a social activity where communication and innovation benefit from proximity.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or age.
- Posted Yesterday
- Full time