GameStop Tax Accounting Intern in Grapevine, Texas
Working with close supervision, the Intern, Tax Accounting will be responsible for an assortment of tax projects. The projects include the preparation of tax returns and workpapers, provision workpapers, and other tax related projects. This role interacts with multiple tax managers and directors as frequently or infrequently as needed by either. Intern may interact with his or her supervisor several times a week, perhaps daily, to receive guidance and feedback.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist with the preparation of Federal, state, international tax estimates, returns and extensions including workpapers
- Assist in preparing quarterly and annual ASC 740 tax provision and tax account analysis
- Respond to tax notices
- Research Federal tax matters and prepare monthly tax issues memoranda
- Prepare monthly and quarterly tax account reconciliations
- Manage relationships in a manner acceptable to others and to the organization; adhere consistently with all organizational policies related to our respectful workplace
- Work collaboratively with others within and outside of his or her function to achieve goals, simplify processes, reduce costs, prevent loss and ensure that work is completed safely, accurately and on time
- Responsible for adhering consistently with all employment policies as stated in the employee handbook provided or as provided by his or her supervisor
- Model the high level of customer service expected of all GameStop associates including, but not limited to, responding to voice mails and emails within organizationally defined timeframes, completing projects as committed, responding to others’ feedback appropriately, and making optimal use of organizationally limited resources by offering assistance to other functional teams when appropriate
- Model team commitment by adhering to the team's expectations and guidelines; fulfilling team responsibilities; and demonstrating personal commitment to the team by being cooperative, collaborative and flexible
- Develop and maintain productive client and staff relationships through individual contacts and group meetings.
- Work collaboratively and cross-functionally with other major business units throughout the GameStop organization.
- Adhere to all organizational and professional ethical standards.
- Communication: Clearly conveying information and ideas through a variety of media to individuals or groups in a manner that engages the audience and helps them understand and retain the message.
- Collaboration: Working effectively and cooperatively with others; establishing and maintaining good working relationships.
- Managing Work —Identifies and prioritizes activities and tasks; adjusts priorities when appropriate; ensures that required equipment and materials are in appropriate location so that own and others’ work can be done effectively; effectively allocates own time to complete work; leverages individuals, processes, departments, and tools to complete work efficiently; uses time effectively and prevents irrelevant issues or distractions from interfering with completing work.
- Quality Orientation —Accomplishes tasks by considering all areas involved, no matter how small; accurately verifies processes and tasks; follows procedures; ensures high-quality output.
- Technical/Professional Knowledge and Skills — Achieves a satisfactory level of technical and professional skill or knowledge in position-related areas; staying current of developments and trends in areas of expertise.
BASIC AND PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Must be at least 18 years of age and present state-required proof of age documents
- High school diploma or GED required
- Must be currently enrolled in an accredited college or university — Accounting field of study preferred
- Must be classified as a Senior by current institution at the time of the internship
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS, JOB SKILLS, ABILITIES
- Proficient with Microsoft Office tools.
- Able to maintain strict confidentiality and discretion.
- Clear oral and verbal communication and listening skills.
- Possess good analytical, problem solving and decision making skills.
- Willingness to learn and self-motivated.
- Able to follow directions.
- Basic understanding of taxation.
- Able to work cooperatively and collaboratively with others.
- Able to communicate effectively with others using spoken and written English.
- Able to positively model the organization’s commitment to integrity, diversity, inclusion, and maintaining a respectful workplace.