Northwell Health Pharmacist Per Diem (Glen Cove Hospital) in Glen Cove, New York
Req Number 000ZUT
Job Category Pharmacy
As a Pharmacist you will interpret, compound and dispense medications and other pharmaceutical supplies, using standard physical and chemical procedures to fill written prescriptions issued by physicians, and other qualified prescribers. Enter drug orders into computer profile.
• Interprets and enters drug orders and patient data into computer profile. Selects, prepares, and dispenses drug products to fill inpatient and outpatient prescriptions. Labels drug products as per procedure.
• Dispenses employee prescriptions, initiates profile system, and provides drug information.
• Interacts with health care personnel to provide information on drug action or delivery of various medications. Provides compatibility information for IV administration of various drugs.
• Screens for drug allergy and drug interactions. Notes drugs or classes of drugs contraindicated in specific disease states. Conducts pre-admission and discharge patient medication interviews upon request.
• Reviews patient charts and nursing medication-charting documents for accuracy and completeness to maintain accurate patient profile. Ensures drugs are reordered as per hospital policy and procedure.
• Maintains records and inventory of investigation drugs, controlled substances, and methadone. Maintains records of transactions and delivery.
• Manufactures, prepares, and labels compound and solutions, and other sterile products.
• Bachelors Degree in Pharmacy including internship, required. PharmD, preferred.
• Must possess current license to practice Pharmacy in New York State.
• Minimum of one (1) year related experience to ensure familiarity with hospital pharmacy practice, preferred.
Transforming care, optimizing patient satisfaction and creating better patient outcomes are just some of the things our talented team members are doing at North Shore-LIJ each and every day. As a culture committed to providing our customers with the highest quality service, we stand behind our core values: Patients first; Caring; Excellence; Innovation; Integrity and Teamwork. It is our commitment and our culture that sets us apart from others and is the cornerstone of everything we do. Join an organization whose team members are valued, cared for and offered continuous opportunities to grow. Click on the link to learn more about us: www.northshorelij.com/goals
Please note: North Shore-LIJ is a smoke-free environment. Smoking and the use of tobacco products is strictly prohibited anywhere on campus, including parking lots and outdoor areas on the premises. Free smoking cessation programs and quit medications are offered to team members who wish to quit through the North Shore-LIJ Center for Tobacco Control.