BT Civils Engineer - Gang Member- SWINDON in GBR, United States
/PLEASE NOTE: Base salary is £21,459 with an opportunity to earn an extra 10% in bonus. there is also a £1000 Civils Allowance to be paid which means a total remuneration package of £24,605. /
We are looking for experienced and qualified civil engineering gang members to join our brand new Openreach Civil Engineering organisation across Swindon.
/The actual locations for the roles will be dependent on final decisions regarding our depot locations and unfortunately that may mean we don't have an actual live vacancy in your location right now; however, you will hear from us when we do. We regret that due to high volumes we are unable to update everyone personally on their application./
/ We will do our best to match you to a suitable role as soon as one becomes available.* /
KEY PURPOSE OF THE ROLE The gang role involves small civil engineering work in the highway including excavation, backfill, cold-lay reinstatement, frame and cover renewal, and traffic management set-up.
As part of a 2 man excavation team the key purpose of the role is to undertake excavation, backfill, and reinstatement work.
This will include the safe set-up of an operational site, safe operation of any required tools, plant and fleet to carry the required task.
We also offer a generous benefit package on top of our salary:
- 10% additional bonus for on target performance
- 37.5 hours work week - time worked beyond this would attract overtime payment
- 22 days Annual Leave (excluding Bank Holiday) – going up with years’ service
- Sick pay
- Personal Accident Insurance
- Employee Products – free broadband or Infinity. Heavily discounted mobile, TV and BT sport offers.
- Pension saving – Generous company match
- Opportunity to participate in BT Sharesave schemes
- Training is paid for by BT
- Streetworks fines are not passed onto the employee
- All tools, plant, clothing and PPE are provided by BT
- Experience of excavation activity working in the utility sector
- Full Driving License, with ability to drive up to 7.5t drop-side vehicle( towing C 1E type licence)
- Interpersonal / Customer Skills
- Physically able to excavate , and assist in safely moving plant/kit
- Normal Colour Vision
- Numeracy and literacy skills, and ability to operate basic smartphone
- Experience of either hot or cold lay reinstatement activity #LI-N
Title: Civils Engineer - Gang Member- SWINDON
Location: GBR %26 Ireland-GBR
Requisition ID: 58049