ASRC Federal Holding Company Brakeman in Fort Sill, Oklahoma
ASRC Federal Primus, a subsidiary of ASRC Federal, provides federal government agencies a complete spectrum of operations and maintenance, facilities management,logistics and business process support services. We strive to not only meet our customers’ needs, but help them overcome challenges as well.
ASRC Federal Primus is currently seeking a Brakeman in Fort Sill, OK.
Payrate: $17.22 per hour
* Performs braking and switching operations as a member of a train crew.
* Train crew operates on the Fort Sill installation as well as travels to remote sites in Oklahoma, Arkansas, Colorado and Texas, just to name a few.
* Relays signals for train movement by use of hand signals, lanterns, flags, and voice.
* Mounts railroad car and sets brakes and places blocks or chocks against wheels. Couples or uncouples cars by means of standard car couplings such as cables, links and pins, and hooks and chains. Operates handbrakes before detaching cars from locomotive.
* Stops motor traffic when train is crossing roads or highways.
* Checks car numbers to ensure movement of specific cars. Checks to see that cars are properly sealed or that seals are unbroken.
* Assists in making emergency repairs to brake equipment on locomotive and railcars.
* Ensures safety rules are observed in accordance with the General Code of Operating Rules (GCOR).
* Instructs and inspects personnel on SCCS TEA MI 55-19, Tiedown Instructions for Rail Movements. * Performs preventive maintenance on track switches and grade crossings as required, for example the cleaning of leaves and other debris from switch points, oiling and greasing of switches and removing dirt and gravel fro grade crossings.
* Serves as alternate Rough Terrain Container Handler (RTCH) operator as instructed for loading and unloading equipment. * Performs other duties as assigned.
High School graduate or equivalent. Attendance and award of 88U military occupational specialty, two years commercial railroad experience, or three years government rail crew experience is desirable.
Special Conditions, Skills and Abilities * Will be required to work an uncommon tour of duty including nights, weekends, and holidays. * Will be required to work at remote sites; as an example, Oklahoma, Arkansas, Colorado, Texas, just to name a few. * Must possess and continuously maintain a current driver’s license. * Must be able to obtain forklift license for all equipment (4K to 50K). * Considerable physical effort is required in pushing, pulling, depressing, lifting, positioning, and turning various controls, braking, switching and coupling devices, moving and lifting arms and devices to give signal; walking over rails and ties and running to perform tasks; and climbing aboard locomotives and train cars which may have slippery steps, rungs, and grab irons. * May lift and carry items weighing up to 100 pounds. * Performs duties under adverse conditions in all types of weather. Frequently exposed to loud noise, fumes, and odors; strain caused by vibrations and from jerking, jolting, and swaying motions; and injury caused by accidents. * Must be able to complete online Container Inspection for Commercial and Military Intermodal Containers, MIL HDBK 138A. * Must be able to pass a National Agency Check (NAC) for computer access and obtain a Secret Clearance. * Must be able to pass a Pre-employment drug test.
/ASRC Federal and its Subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, gender, color, age, sexual orientation, gender identification, national origin, religion, marital status, ancestry, citizenship, disability, protected veteran status, or any other factor prohibited by applicable law./
Job: *Service Contract Act
Location: OK, Fort Sill, OK, United States
Requisition ID: 16002154