Cengage Learning Software Developer III in Farmington Hills, Michigan
Working in a highly collaborative, cross-functional Agile environment, this development role is responsible for building and maintaining the point of entry for students and instructors. This is a project aimed at providing a unified experience that supports student enrollments and courses launches as well as course creations by instructors. With a primary focus on frontend development using Angular, Traverson and Gulp, this role provides the opportunity to tackle our next wave of development leveraging recent frontend technology trends.
• Work as a software engineer in a collaborative environment with passion, ownership and commitment.
• Continuously learn and grow with industry-leading practices, processes, and technologies
• Work with the AWS cloud on Linux based systems
• Develop and maintain the front end framework in Angular, WebPack, and SystemJS
• Grow and contribute to a Service Oriented Architecture in an enterprise environment
• Learn and champion software development best practices such as Test Driven Development, Continuous Integration and Performance testing
Bachelor degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent combination of education and recent, relevant work experience
Experience working with Angular or React
Experience using source code control systems, such as Git, Stash, Subversion, or CVS and build/integration tools like Grunt or Gulp and Jenkins.
Understanding of modules and module loading
Familiarity with Jasmine/Karma
Participates in open source projects
Experience with a variety of software development applications, environments, and languages
Requisition ID 2016-2631
Job Locations US - MI - Farmington Hills
Posted Date 11/29/2016
Job Function Information Technology