Esterline Test Technician in East Camden, Arkansas
Esterline Technologies Corporation Test Technician, Esterline Defense Technologies Esterline welcomes people who share our determination and high standards to join us in doing work that moves the world forward. We design, manufacture, and market highly engineered products and systems principally for the aerospace and defense markets. Esterline Defense Technologies, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Esterline, is the world’s foremost developer and supplier of expendable countermeasures, used to protect aircraft from missile threats. Company Profile
Company Name: Esterline Defense Technologies, a subsidiary of Esterline Technologies Corporation Industry:Aerospace/Defense Products & Services Number of Employees: 250 Job Overview
Title: Test Technician Job Family: Engineering Reports to: R & D Manager Works with: Mid level Managers, Technicians, Engineers and Production employees Location: Camden, AR, USA Type: Full Time Job Summary
Tests, calibrates and repairs electrical, mechanical, electromechanical, and electronic measuring, recording and indicating instruments and equipment for conformance to established standards, developing test procedures and algorithms to perform tests in accordance with product specifications, and assists in formulating calibration standards by performing tests on products.
- Plans sequence of testing and calibration procedures for instruments, equipment and products.
- Sets up standard and special purpose laboratory equipment to test, evaluate, and calibrate other instruments, test equipment and products.
- Disassembles instruments, equipment and products and inspects components for defects.
- Measures parts for conformity with specifications.
- Aligns, repairs, replaces, and balances component parts and circuitry.
- Reassembles and calibrates instruments, equipment and products.
- Devises formulas to solve problems in measurements, calibrations.
- Assists engineers in formulating test, calibration, repair, and evaluation plans and procedures to maintain precision accuracy of measuring, recording and indicating instruments, equipment and products.
- Complies with all R&D; policies such as Design and Development Standards (ISO) and procedures related to safety/environmental.
- Maintains the highest ethical standards, even when challenged from above.
Understands and lives by Esterline’s ethics and business conduct policies. Qualifications
Must possess technical skills, interpersonal skills such as good communication and writing skills.
- Must be a team player, who can work independently and support all product requirements.
Must have a clear understanding of safety rules and regulations. Education/Previous Experience Requirements
Associate’s degree (A.A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must understand basic math, science, and engineering principles.
- Must have general computer skills. (MS Windows, Outlook, Word, Excel, etc.).
- Must communicate effectively in both oral and written form. *LabView experience a plus. Work Hours 4/10 Work Schedule – 40 hour week. Overtime as needed.
U.S. Export Policy Notice:
To comply with U.S. export laws and regulations, Esterline operations in the U.S. may only employ "U.S. Persons" as defined by the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR).
Job Title: Test Technician
Req ID: 10952BR
Location: Esterline Defense Group - ARO
City: East Camden
Country: United States
Position Type: Regular