City of Hope Project Coordinator in Duarte, California
Department: Facilities Development BSS
Requisition ID: 8635
Job Title: Project Coordinator
Independently executes a broad range of operational, administrative, and support activities for the office of the Senior Director of Facilities, Design and Construction. Responsible for creation and coordination of multiple major facilities projects to better support the master campus plan and the growth on the enterprise with internal and external contacts related to City of Hope planning and construction projects. Provides coordination of project related documentation and administrative duties as required to support division projects. Supports and manages responsibilities and assignments including report preparation and presentations to senior executives and leadership. Assists with coordinating new construction, renovations and repositioning of facility projects. Coordinates communication across the enterprise on behalf of the Executive Director. Project values range in size from $100,000 to $80 Million.
Department communications and eBuilder administrator.
Specific job responsibilities include:
- Under the direction of the Senior Director, coordinates the work of various departments (Planning and Project Management) and serves as liaison between company and consultants, contractors and vendors.
- Organizes & expedites flow of work through administrator’s office; initiating follow up action as appropriate.
- Resolves routine and some complex inquiries and fulfills requests from internal & external business contacts using knowledge of division/department & organization policies & procedures.
- Responsible to be a point of contact for individuals across the enterprise.
- Assists in managing the Space Planning Committee and Real Estate Task Force
- Coordinate and organize documents for department presentations to City of Hope Board of Directors or Committees.
- Efficiently and professionally deals with correspondence across the enterprise. Solves issues, facilitates appropriate resolution, and serves as an institutional resource.
- Manages written correspondence, including confidential information, drafts routine responses, gathers back-ground information for executive when appropriate.
- eBuilder administrator.
- Analyses and composes reports alongside the senior director.
- Coordinates meetings, agenda materials, takes and prepares minutes.
- Assists in planning & organizing special projects including furniture specification, acquisition, coordination of delivery and installation, moving, coordination with EVS, and ITS for the City of Hope by coordinating with internal constituents, contracted project managers and contractors as well as corresponding jurisdictions.
- Helps establish and accomplish office priorities through personal organization and time management and support of the senior director priorities.
- Establishes and maintains department files and records which contain confidential information.
- Tracks senior director reimbursable expenses, coordinates travel, etc.
- Sets a positive example of service orientation, morale, attitude, maturity, and motivation.
- Familiar with processing of invoices for construction contracts and miscellaneous purchase orders. This may require assisting with generating change orders on occasion as required to adjust contract amounts as occasionally needed by project management for special needs. Assist in the coordination of budget when needed to ensure accuracy for committing changes to contracts as required by Senior Project Manager.
On occasion coordinates and responds to customer inquiries and requests for information pertaining to modifications of existing or potential contracts.
Prepares construction contracts and change orders for Project Manager’s review.
- When necessary, collaborate with Purchasing and Accounting departments to facilitate the processing and payment of vendors in a timely manner.
Facilitates review process with Project Managers and assures process is completed in a timely manner.
Research, gather, analyze and summarize data to prepare project status reports.
- Support the development of logs and track RFI’s, PCO’s, submittals and contingency allocation.
- Provide assistance in department orientation/training of new employees.
- As supported by Senior Director, attends professional development courses internal to COH as well as external.
- Internal Contacts: Interacts with purchasing, accounting, finance, ITS, legal, HR, and facilities management departments and other support and ancillary departments when necessary.
- Coordinates review of documentation with internal audit department as required.
- External Contacts: Interacts with financial coordinators for consultants, contractors and vendors.Occasionally responsible for coordinating review of documentation with external auditors engaged or authorized by City of Hope.
- Bachelor’s Degree. Experience may substitute for minimum education requirements.
- 2 + years of experience in business office and administrative analysis with skill at creating and utilizing tracking and controls systems.
- Administrative support roles in demanding complex work environments, preferred healthcare or research facilities development, facilities management, or academic departments.
- Must exhibit clear written and oral communication, excellent organization skills and the ability to prioritize multiple tasks. Capable of working independently, requiring little direction.
- Ability to understand basic planning, design and construction processes and working knowledge of database systems, contract and accounting processes Basic knowledge of construction accounting process and database programming skills
- Analyze data, balancing figures, compile data, prepare reports, research information
- Windows, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Microsoft Project, AutoCAD Lite, eBuilder and Database experience (more than data entry)
About City of Hope
City of Hope, an innovative biomedical research, treatment and educational institution with over 4000 employees, is dedicated to the prevention and cure of cancer and other life-threatening diseases and guided by a compassionate, patient-centered philosophy.
Founded in 1913 and headquartered in Duarte, California, City of Hope is a remarkable non-profit institution, where compassion and advanced care go hand-in-hand with excellence in clinical and scientific research. City of Hope is a National Cancer Institute designated Comprehensive Cancer Center and a founding member of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network, an alliance of the nation’s 20 leading cancer centers that develops and institutes standards of care for cancer treatment.
City of Hope strongly supports and values the uniqueness of all individuals and promotes a work environment where diversity is embraced. City of Hope is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.