General Motors Global Business Planning Program Manager - SAL0007351 in Detroit, Michigan
Global Business Planning Manager
This position will lead GM’s efforts to align around global business roadmaps. This position will work very closely with the strategy team, global teams, and GMIT to develop functional and regional roadmaps. These roadmaps will focus on the “how, when, and where” elements of both existing and new global projects for VSSM. In addition, they will work collaboratively withother GM business unitsincludingGCCX and CCA on process alignment and integration. Finally they will work closely with the IT planning organization to align around the plan for every market efforts resulting in regional and functional integrated roadmaps.
Key Skills/Job Elements:
- Automotive channel and systems knowledge, business acumen and experience launching complex business systems. Understanding of Customer Experience goals and objectives as well as goals of various GM business units (RSMS, GCCX, CCA, GMF, etc.)
- Strong interpersonal relationship skills as this is an enterprise program that will require communicating and sharing how GM aligns around common business road mapping processes in support of creating a seamless customer experience.
- Leading and collaborating efforts with US, brand, and global planning leads in both the business and IT organizations.
- Experience leading and launching global business processes focused on delivering seeming seamless customer experience
- Establish objective approach to market by market assessment.
- Develop executive team presentations and communications as needs require
- Be a problem solver, showing ability to resolve issues independently, but knowing when issues need to be escalated.
- Stay current on industry best practices and key trends
- Create recommendations based on data
- Create global launch and training plans
- Bachelor's degree in business, management information systems, operations or related discipline or equivalent experience
- Minimum 5 years of experience in finance, PMO, planning, global team, or marketing
- Demonstrated ability to work with global team and reach consensus
- Must have a strong foundation in general business practices and a high level of professional acumen
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Works collaboratively (with a sense of urgency) to generate solutions
- Self-motivated and detail oriented
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, or protected veteran status.