Volcom Compliance Generalist I in Costa Mesa, California
Volcom was founded in 1991 on the belief that there is a higher level of consciousness to be found within one’s self through the internal and external journeys that board-sports, music, art and film provide. The company prides itself on making quality apparel, outerwear, footwear and accessories that not only exemplify the lifestyle, but also enhance the ability to live it. By being the first to combine surfing, skating and snowboarding under one brand from inception a new future was forged and a generation of liberation was born. For over two decades Volcom has been TRUE TO THIS... the quest for Spiritual Intoxication.
Our dynamic company culture attracts the most creative, passionate individuals. We work hard and play hard in a fun casual work environment. We urge you to come join the ride! Summary:
The Global Compliance Generalist will assist the Compliance team in set up, filing and testing of all raw materials and finished products ensuring they are meeting all compliance requirements for CPSIA, REACH, GB and California Proposition 65.
- Assist in creating and storing GCC and COC Compliance certificates based on regulations for each product category for apparel, accessories, trims and raw materials.
- File and store the compliance certificates and all associated test reports in an organized library.
- Assist in reviewing the apparel, footwear and accessory product lines to create a testing tracker of all necessary test requirements needed to fulfill compliance requirements of CPSIA, CA Prop. 65, GB and REACH by vendor and season globally.
- Update and store test reports on tracker as needed and in Volcom database/Texbase.
- Conduct in-house wash testing, completing a summary of results and storing accordingly.
- Maintain all XOS HDXRF testing for PPS/TOP samples and any additional fabric, raw materials or production as needed.
- Assist compliance team to ensure that all products requiring regulatory testing are complete and approved before production ships.
- Research and monitor all changes within CPSIA, CA Prop 65, GB and REACH regulations as they apply to products in our industry.
- Review, store and update care instructions as needed within PLM and Texbase.
- Assist with new Volcom/ FLA CSR requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Fabric Science, Textiles or Chemistry preferred
- 6+ months of raw materials and compliance experience
- Experience working in action sports a plus.
- Organized, detail-oriented a must
- Excellent presentation, listening, verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be computer savvy (MS Office Suite). Full Circle experience a plus.
- Must be ambitious; a self-starter.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
Primary Location: North America-United States-California-Costa Mesa
Job Type: Permanent
Job: Audit / Risk Management / Compliance
Start Date: As soon as possible
Job Number: 000BCL
Req ID: 000BCL