Cincinnati Bell Dedicated Services Clerk in Cincinnati, Ohio
Dedicated Services Clerk
This position supports Children's Hospital employees and contractors with pager activations, maintenance or service disconnects for all Children’s Hospital facilities. Current responsibility includes over 12 facilities and growing. The Dedicated Services Clerk uses the pager provider portal to implement pager
units, repair and troubleshoot paging issues. Responsible to collaborate with the hospital management team and paging system vendor to audit the billing records regularly to improve efficiencies and order supplies. Maintain records for both American Messaging and Children’s Hospital databases for disaster recovery, ICSR Database for pager replacement, adds and disconnects. Currently supports all legacy paging implementations to date. Responsible for maintaining an inventory of pagers, cases, holsters and supplies for the pagers. Maintain a budget provided by Children’s Hospital. Greeting hospital employees and visitors, providing directions, contacting hospital personnel when visitors arrive and escorting when required. Provide 24x7 on call support to the hospital in the event of an emergency or outage.
•Access the Customer’s ticket portal system (ICSR database, open, close, update status)- 40%
•Access pager provider’s portal - 20%
•Provision Pagers - 20%
•Give users tutorials on device use - 5%
•Documentation administration - 10%
•Flash firmware to pagers - 5%
High school diploma
0 to 2 years of experience
• Proficient with Microsoft Office applications - Excel, Word, Outlook, Internet Explorer (to access web portals)
- Use web based applications such as the Children’s Hospital corporate directory and the hospital email system to contact hospital employees.
- Be on call if needed to provide 24 hour customer service in the event of an outage or emergency.
- Maintain the ICSR database for the hospital and the paging system vendor to keep it accurate for disaster recovery, to perform everyday pager maintenance, adds and disconnects.
- Maintain a budget and inventory for the hospital of pager equipment.
- Order the necessary equipment and supplies with the paging vendors.
- Manage and create PO’s and check them into the ordering system with the paging vendors.
- Familiar with Microsoft Windows OS, in order to work with EEPROM flashing equipment that uses USB to RS232 (DB 9 and DB 25) adapters that programs pagers.
- Primary point of contact in the event of an outage.
- Provide the hospital management team timely updates on the status of the repair.
- Remembering this is the lifeline of the hospital’s ability to provide the highest level of service to their patients.
- Work in a call center environment taking trouble tickets over the phone, also via the ICSR portal.
- Assisting customers face to face at a kiosk where customer service is a priority.
- A strict dress code is required. This is one of the highest ranked Children’s Hospitals in the nation. Doctors, Instructors, and families from all over the world visit CCHMC.
No supervisory responsibility.
Cincinnati Bell and Cincinnati Bell Technology Solutions is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and we provide reasonable accommodations for qualifying individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application and interview procedures. If you would like to request an ADA accommodation for any part of the application and/or interview process, please contact our HR Compliance Department at (513) 8416310 or send an email to email@example.com. If you should have any difficulty, you may use our alternative methods to express your interest in employment. A wonderful career awaits you! We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration. for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.