Expedia Technical Product Manager II in Chicago, Illinois
At Expedia we connect travelers with meaningful destinations. Expedia has revolutionized the travel industry by applying technology and we are committed to empowering travelers through continued change. We are looking for front-end engineers to build tools that will allow our partners to intelligently reach our global travel audience and power the hospitality industry. Our group develops travel-focused advertising products that reach over 80 million unique users every month.
Technical Product Manager II
Expedia is looking for a talented and passionate Technical Product Manager for the Media Solutions Team, part of the Expedia Worldwide Engineering (EWE) team. Advertising and Media is one of the fastest growing businesses at Expedia and on this team, you will utilize your critical thinking and technical skills to help directly drive Expedia's success and will be instrumental in leading Expedia's expansion into Advertising and Media space. You will be responsible for aligning business and technical components to ensure delivery of projects. Not only will you be working directly with the business owners, but you will also be working with talented team of developers, technical product managers, testers, and operations who are responsible for building web applications, and services for the world's largest travel agency. You will have the opportunity to work in the entire technology stack of Expedia and all major lines of business. You will be playing a major role in this team as Expedia expands into new markets and businesses.
- Take ownership in driving product and new feature development through every stage of the software development lifecycle
- Build and maintain strong stakeholder relationship and communications across a global business team.
- Work with business stakeholders to balance business and technical objectives and manifest these as clear, stable priorities for the team.
- Turn high-level project objectives into a comprehensive set of stories by leading intensive, multi-discipline, collaboration sessions.
- Understand and actively advance best practices (e.g. Agile/Scrum, Continuous Delivery).
- Actively contribute to our team's culture of having fun together, embracing change, and delivering.
- Ability to ramp up quickly on any type of new technology (from hardware to software infrastructure to core Expedia technology).
- Proven track record in handling multiple, complex projects/releases and keeping track of details of each project in parallel.
- Strong customer focus, excellent problem solving and analytical skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to prioritize and work independently as well as in a team environment.
- BS or MS in Computer Science, Engineering or related field only.
- Minimum 3+ years in a Software Development organization.
- Proven record of delivering high quality projects from early stages through delivery.
- Experience working on or delivering single page application software projects.
- Ability to drill down to core requirements from random requests.
- Strong written, verbal, presentation and persuasion skills.
- Ability to creatively solve challenging business/technology problems
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and projects simultaneously, prioritize workload effectively, and thrive in a dynamic and complex environment
- Passion for the customer experience
- Experience with the full SDLC and shipping software using Agile methodologies
About Expedia, Inc.
Our mission is to revolutionize travel through the power of technology.
Collectively, the Expedia, Inc. brands cover virtually every aspect of researching, planning, and booking travel, from choosing the best airplane seat, to reading personal travel reviews of hotels, to planning what to do in a destination once you arrive. The Expedia, Inc. portfolio serves both leisure and business travelers with tastes and budgets ranging from modest to luxury. Expedia delivers consumer travel demand from nearly every continent to nearly 149,000 hotels and hundreds of airlines, tour operators, car rental companies and destination services supply partners. Please visithttp://bit.ly/expediabrands to learn more about our travel brands.
This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.
- Posted 10 Days Ago
- Full time