TIAA Transition Manager - Charlotte, NC or Denver, CO in Charlotte, North Carolina
Since 1918, it has been TIAA’s mission to serve, our ability to perform and the values we embrace that make us a different kind of financial services organization. We’re dedicated to serving the financial needs of those in the academic, medical, cultural, governmental and research fields, and committed to helping make lifetime financial well-being possible for them.
By building a culture that allows all employees to contribute their unique talents and skills, we’re able to provide our customers with fresh ideas and distinct perspectives to help them achieve their goals. We believe a diverse and inclusive workforce is one of our greatest strengths and a key measure of our success * .
For more information about TIAA, visit our website at https://www.tiaa.org/public/why-tiaa/who-we-are .
Position: Transition Manager I
Location: Denver, CO and Charlotte, NC
As the leader of the Client On-Boarding Implementation Team, the Transition Manager is responsible for overall service delivery and project management oversight during the implementation process. The individual in this role will participate in Finalist presentations as the Implementation Subject Matter Expert (SME). In conjunction with the Relationship Manager, acts as central point of contact during the Sales (Finalist), Planning, Implementation, and Post-implementation project phases. Collaborates with Sales, Data Lead, Plan Management, IT, Custom Build, Compliance, Investment, Marketing and Operations SME’s to facilitate the Implementation process. Identifies, confirms and coordinates all non-standard requests and system enhancements. The individual in this role will conduct weekly internal (TIAA-CREF) and external (Client/Advisor) status conference calls. They will also conducts Implementation/ Discovery Meeting, including pricing, marketing, and relationship management.
Key Job Responsibilities:
Ensure that all client initiatives are executed effectively and efficiently, using standard processes and reporting metrics. Has authority and accountability for success of specific implementations, working in coordination with Director as well as data leads and project managers. Prepares Implementation Project Plan, forms internal implementation team, identifies all work stream leads, identify any plan parameters that could trigger the need for customization, and if needed, notify Offer Governance. Strong knowledge of financial services and retirement products including the features/benefits of TIAA-CREF products and services, and on TIAA standard offer by market segment is required. This person will develop plans, action steps, and timetables for projects/assignments. Evaluates and implements new initiatives process/workflow improvements and program/policy changes. Proven ability to partner with the Relationship Manager and Client Service Consultants on the institutional business plans, sharing information, and identifying contacts and key people is critical. Typically interacts at all levels of client relationship (e.g. payroll and benefits through CFO/Senior Leadership within client hierarchy). Knowledge of sales process governance and controls is required
Basic Requirements - Required Skills:
• Bachelor’s degree required. 3-5 years of progressive experience in Consulting
• Project Management or Operations field with project management
• Change leadership, cross-site leadership, performance management and strategic leadership experiences required
• Financial services experienced required.
• Ability to travel up to 25% required
• Licensing: Requires Series 6 within 90 days
Preferred Qualifications - Desired Skills:
• Knowledge of the financial markets, products and services, including TIAA products and services
• Solid understanding of project management, plan administration, plan design, plan provisions and product offerings
• Strong knowledge of industry best practices or TIAA standard offer products and services and our competitors, consulting skills and internal/external client relationship and vendor management
• Demonstrated relationship development or consultative selling skills, including proven sales and or customer service track record
• Strong communication and presentation experience strongly desired
• Ability to present at Finalist Presentations
• PMP desirable
• Third Party Administration (TPA), Defined Contribution or Defined Benefit leadership experience is strongly preferred
Equal Employment Opportunity is not just the law, it’s our commitment. Read more about the Equal Employment Opportunity Law at http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeocselfprint_poster.pdf .
If you need assistance applying due to being visually or hearing impaired, please email Careers Help .
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We will consider all qualified applicants for employment regardless of age, race, color, national origin, sex, religion, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other legally protected status.
- ©2016 Teachers Insurance and Annuity Association of America (TIAA), 730 Third Avenue, New York, NY 10017 C23921
Job: Client Services/Sales/Wealth Mgmt
Primary Location: NC-Charlotte
Req ID: 1707320