TIAA Project Mgr III - IT in Charlotte, North Carolina
Since 1918, it has been TIAA’s mission to serve, our ability to perform and the values we embrace that make us a different kind of financial services organization. We’re dedicated to serving the financial needs of those in the academic, medical, cultural, governmental and research fields, and committed to helping make lifetime financial well-being possible for them.
By building a culture that allows all employees to contribute their unique talents and skills, we’re able to provide our customers with fresh ideas and distinct perspectives to help them achieve their goals. We believe a diverse and inclusive workforce is one of our greatest strengths and a key measure of our success * .
For more information about TIAA, visit our website at https://www.tiaa.org/public/why-tiaa/who-we-are .
TIAA is seeking a Project Manager III to manage and coordinate the delivery of a project including work plan, schedule, risk / issues, and budget using project management tools and techniques within the Digital Technology group.
Leads team on medium to large-sized projects
Proactively manages performance, cost, scope, schedule, quality, and other key project management activities and behaviors
Identifies, manages, and escalates risks, issues, and changes requests to appropriate decision makers based on established escalation criteria
Possesses professional knowledge of product / function and applies knowledge to project activities to enhance delivery
Deeply understands all project management disciplines and their key activities, processes, and artifacts
Understands the relationship of their project(s) to the overall program
Successfully manages projects with 10 or more resources through full project lifecycle
Team Mentoring and Leadership
- Works with team members to set and achieve development goals. Provides constructive feedback throughout the project lifecycle. Performs effectively as a mentor for individuals in ways that contribute to the development of future leaders
General Project Management
- Creates appropriate project documentation, balances stakeholder needs, and effectively negotiates tradeoffs between scope, schedule, and budget; Balances needs of multiple stakeholders. Gains buy-in from groups who may be resistant to change
Creates, manages, and understands impacts to project scope, constraints, and schedule.
Manages projects according to work plan.
Performs critical path analysis
Develops and routinely reassesses project budgets to account for variances and ensures accuracy.
Creates budget reports to compare actual with forecasted costs
- Creates performance and status reports for relevant stakeholders
Risk & Issue Management
Develops and manages project risk and issue management plans.
Analyzes risks by probability and severity to assess their impact on project delivery.
Implements procedures to mitigate risk threats.
Utilizes available tools for identifying and tracking issues such as the Delivery Risk Assessment, risk workshops, and Clarity.
- Develops project organization chart and governance structures. Defines roles and responsibilities of team members
- Defines processes and standards around governance, communication, and quality. Develops deliverable acceptance plans and criteria
Change Request Management
Identifies and develops strategy for changes in scope, schedule, and cost.
Develops strategic rationale for change including costs, benefits, tradeoffs, etc.
Implementation and Transition Management
- Creates transition plan, identifies lessons learned, and applies the lessons learned to future projects.
- Identifies and manages project and program interdependencies
4 – 10 years of functional experience within Project Management
2 years of experience working within Digital Technology in a Financial Services firm
PMP certification suggested but not required
CAPM certification suggested but not required
Equal Employment Opportunity is not just the law, it’s our commitment. Read more about the Equal Employment Opportunity Law at http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeocselfprint_poster.pdf .
If you need assistance applying due to being visually or hearing impaired, please email Careers Help .
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We will consider all qualified applicants for employment regardless of age, race, color, national origin, sex, religion, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other legally protected status.
- ©2016 Teachers Insurance and Annuity Association of America (TIAA), 730 Third Avenue, New York, NY 10017 C23921
Job: Business Administration and Support
Primary Location: NC-Charlotte
Req ID: 1707210