Lakeshore Learning Materials E-Commerce Merchandiser in Carson, California
E-Commerce Merchandiser / Web Merchant
Lakeshore Learning Materials is one of the premier manufacturers of educational materials for elementary programs, early childhood organizations and parents around the country. A multichannel organization with a strong sales division, thriving web business, catalogs and 60 store locations nationwide, Lakeshore has experienced continuous growth since its inception in 1954. We attribute our long-term success to the daily contributions of the remarkable individuals who make up our team.
We are currently searching for an energetic and analytical E-Commerce Merchandiser to join our Product Merchandising Team, reporting to our E-Commerce Merchandising Manager. Our ideal candidate will be an experienced product guru and have a solid e-commerce background spanning product merchandising, taxonomy management, and product sales reporting and analysis. The primary responsibility of this role is to optimize the product merchandising experience and ultimately build product traffic and sales on Lakeshore’s digital properties, including LakeshoreLearning.com, an award-winning Top 500 Internet Retailer website.
Responsibilities and Requirements
- Perform general e-commerce merchandising activities for our B2C, B2B and Amazon websites
- Conduct in-depth category and product KPI analysis utilizing reports from various databases
- Track internal search term performance and ensure relevancy of search results
- Assist with new product launches through PDP setup and review
- Build product assortments for marketing campaigns and conduct a TY/LY performance analysis for each
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to maintain content relevancy and troubleshoot issues
- BA/BS degree in a related field
- 2+ years in e-commerce merchandising
- Passion for data analysis and reporting
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with superb attention to detail and a strong work ethic
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced work environment and adapt quickly to changing business priorities
- Ability to function as a self-starter who works both independently and collaboratively in a team environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency in Excel - experience with if statements, VLOOKUP and pivot tables
- Experience with exporting data from a BI software, and manipulating this data to build product sales reports
- Experience with web analytical tools such as Adobe/Omniture and Google Analytics
- Experience with attributes and keywords, including a general understanding of how they affect internal search results and SEO value is a plus
- Experience with enterprise search and navigation tools such as Oracle Endeca is a plus
When you join Lakeshore, you’re joining hundreds of talented and dedicated individuals who believe that the materials we create really can make a difference. For over 60 years, we’ve been developing some of the best learning materials in the world—products that spark young imaginations, instill a sense of wonder and foster a lifelong love of learning. Products that make it possible for every child to enter school ready to succeed. Products that help children with disabilities make amazing educational strides and join their peers in the classroom. And we know that we couldn’t do the incredible things we’re doing without the people who are on our team. We’re continually making sure we have the right people in place to take us to the next level, and we’re always on the lookout for smart and enthusiastic people to join us. If you are a down-to-earth professional who shares our passion and our drive, we’d love to hear from you.
Salary depends on skills and experience. Family-owned and family-friendly, Lakeshore offers excellent medical/dental and vision coverage, 401(k), flexible benefits, plus a generous profit bonus plan, on-site preschool, employee discount and casual dress. To apply, please complete an online application at https://chm.tbe.taleo.net/chm02/ats/careers/requisition.jsp?org=LAKESHORE&cws;=1&rid;=2354. To learn more about Lakeshore, visit www.lakeshorelearning.com. Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Location: *Carson, CA