Google Strategic Real Estate Planning Manager in Boulder, Colorado
As a member of the Real Estate team, you are a jack-of-all-trades on the front lines of Google's physical expansion. Google cannot grow without you. A critical thinker, you are part of a team with a wide range of responsibilities including lease administration, real estate transaction management, and the design and construction supervision of our next and ever expanding offices. You help manage the spatial requirements for a workforce that is growing at lightning speed to ensure that the job is not only done to Google's high and industry-setting standards, but also in a way that promises long-term sustainability and care for our world's resources.
As a Strategic Real Estate Planning Manager, you'll be the leader responsible for managing the strategic planning process across Google’s immense real estate portfolio outside of the San Francisco Bay Area. You will build and lead a globally distributed team responsible for forecasting real estate demand and supply, constructing creative and strategic solutions that span more than 150 cities and 6 continents.
You'll interact with leaders from all over the company to ensure our real estate portfolio is being used effectively and is meeting the ever-changing demands of the business, while also using your influencing and diplomacy skills to drive global alignment regarding how real estate decisions are made, and helping our REWS and Finance leaders to understand how our real estate assets impact Google’s bottom line. In addition, you will use your strong people management and organizational design skills to define the framework and key roles needed for a high-performing cohesive team.
Just as Google products always focus on the user, Google offices focus on the Googler. From state-of-the-art green construction projects to maintaining our resident T. Rex skeleton (named Stan), the Real Estate and Workplace Services team builds environments that keep Googlers feeling inspired and energized. We're a team of inquisitive and energetic real estate, construction and facilities operations professionals that are constantly searching for new ways to improve workplace efficiency and make Google a great place to come to work everyday.
- Manage a team of globally-distributed planners responsible for forecasting real estate demand and developing local and regional real estate plans. Cultivate a collaborative, supportive, and productive work environment for the team, fostering consistent best practices and creative solutions across timezones.
- Drive global alignment in regards to planning processes, outputs, tools and methodologies. Foster communication and understanding between leadership in different geographies and business functions. Influence at all levels to ensure best results for Google, while balancing local and individual business demands.
- Anticipate changing business needs in Google’s diverse lines of business and connect these changing needs and their impact to the overall portfolio and planning priorities. Work with REWS’ real estate development professionals to build strategies that meet these needs, including financial implications and the qualitative pros/cons of different scenarios.
- Apply mastery and knowledge of company business strategies and external industry forces to develop real estate strategies and outputs that drive decision-making at the highest levels of the company. Apply a creative perspective and bring novel, but thoroughly vetted, alternatives to the table.
- Construct and manage coherent vendor engagements to support the team’s work and ensure the work quality, data accuracy, and thoroughness of the team’s outputs meet or exceed the expectations of the team’s collaborators and clients, as well as the expectations of internal leaders.
- BA/BS degree in real estate, business economics or administration, finance, strategic planning, statistics, or a related quantitative analysis discipline, or equivalent practical experience.
- 9 years of experience in real estate management or business/strategy consulting. Experience in using data to drive large-scale business decisions.
- Experience in managing and leading teams.
- Experience in developing real estate solutions with regional portfolio leads, planning teams, and business partners. Ability to gather and synthesize data from various systems in HR, Finance, and other departments and build business cases (including financial analyses) for a variety of business and real estate related decisions.
- Experience in data analysis/data management. Ability to work with a variety of metrics, numbers, and data from multiple sources and conduct basic statistical analyses, including correlations, linear and logistic regression, etc. Ability to explain complex analytics in a structured and clear manner.
- People management experience, with the ability to bring out the best in a geographically diverse team while also fostering trust, respect and adaptability. Experience managing a global team across multiple timezones.
- Demonstrated change management skills, with experience in designing, implementing and maintaining globally scalable processes across a range of engagement types and collaborators.
- Demonstrated financial background, with the ability to talk about both the economic and accounting impact of decisions to executives.
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels, to operate with flexibility in a matrixed work environment, and to meet goals, to manage expectations, and to draw out unique opinions and insights.
At Google, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other company location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.