Ball Corporation / Ball Aerospace Software Engineering Aide II (659983) in Boulder, Colorado
Who We Are:
Ball Aerospace leads the way in designing, developing and manufacturing innovative aerospace systems. We take on some of the most complex and exciting challenges in the universe--from space and Earth science to national security and intelligence programs.
We produce spacecraft, instruments and sensors, RF and microwave technologies, data exploitation solutions, and a variety of advanced aerospace technologies and products. In addition, we pioneered the development of the commercial remote sensing market, producing spacecraft and imaging systems that helped spawn a market-driven demand for imagery.
Our success is built on more than products or systems. Our team of more than 3,000 engineers, scientists, technicians and support staff drives all the achievements at Ball Aerospace. Whether contributing to a better understanding of the universe or helping keep our nation safe, our people bring their diverse backgrounds, perspectives and skills together to achieve a common mission.
Software Engineering Aide II
This is a temporary, part-time position.
What you'll do:
- Software development including embedded software using C/C++ and application level software using scripting languages.
- Develop documentation of system/service installation and data administration procedures.
- Document defects, using a bug tracking system, and report defects to project team.
- Document test procedures to ensure repeatability and compliance with business processes.
- Review technical documentation to ensure technical accuracy, compliance, or completeness, or to mitigate risks.
- Work in concert with government accreditation specialists, to ensure security related features are tested early in the development process.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What you'll need:
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Enrollment in a BS degree program in Engineering, Information Technology or a related technical field is preferred.
- Excellent writing skills are necessary.
- Must work and communicate well with cross section of business to include product management, development, and subject matter experts.
- Test-based development skills are preferred.
- Programming knowledge and experience (C++, Java, or .NET) is preferred.
- Knowledge of SQL and NoSQL is preferred.
- Server side and user interface development experience is preferred.
- In addition to the typical educational and experience requirements, a demonstrated capability to adequately perform the essential functions and responsibilities of the position and exhibit the skills and competencies of the grade level should be considered. Each higher-level related degree, i.e., Bachelor’s or Master’s, may substitute for two years of related experience. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Work is performed in an office environment.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Relocation for this position is Available
US CITIZENSHIP OR PERMANENT RESIDENCY IS REQUIRED
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minority, Female, Disabled, Lesbian, Gay, Bi-sexual, Transgender and Veterans.