Deutsche Bank Project Management Analyst in Birmingham, United Kingdom
Project Management Analyst
Job ID: 3141730 Full/Part-Time: Full-time
Regular/Temporary: Regular Listed: 2016-11-29
Location: Birmingham, United Kingdom
Our technology teams are responsible for the Bank’s entire information technology (“IT”) infrastructure, and the development, implementation, and protection of the software required to support all of the Bank’s businesses. We move over EUR 1.6 trillion across the Bank's platforms, support thousands of trading desks, and enable millions of banking transactions, share trades and emails every day.
With award-winning mobile banking apps and trading systems, our technology platforms help Deutsche Bank deliver high quality products to clients. Naturally, we make sure that the phones work, emails are delivered and PCs run - but we also develop collaboration platforms and workspaces that help our people share their knowledge, expertise and passion for our business.
Developments in technology are changing the way we communicate, work and think. Join us here, and you’ll constantly be looking ahead. We’ll look to you to capitalize on new technological trends that can reshape our business and deliver value for our clients, whilst still meeting the demands of customers, regulators and the markets.
Job title: Project Management Analyst
Corporate title: Assistant Vice President
You’ll be joining the Technology function to assist with co-ordinating and driving all Corporate Technology infrastructure Protect and Transform activities / programmes.
- Maintaining and documenting Programme tracking; designing / producing technical and management reporting for all transformation book of work activities
- Owning and driving transformation projects
- Assisting with the on-boarding and initiation of new programmes into the transformation remit, adhering to the Technology Operations on-boarding process
- Developing, communicating and maintaining new processes where a need has been identified
- Assisting in the production of material including slides and notes for meetings
- Maintaining and tracking budget and actual costs plans on a monthly basis as required across the book of work
- Preparing Senior Management and Steering Committee material to show progress against plan, highlighting key decisions required, risks & issues and updating on resourcing and budget
- Monitoring the dependency management process across the transformation book of work, ensuring all activities are integrated with the Change and Risk & Issue Management Processes
- Maintaining the process for managing changes across the transformation book of work, ensuring that thresholds for escalating changes are consistently applied
- Managing and monitoring the process for Risks & Issues across the transformation book of work, ensuring proactive status tracking and the thresholds for escalating risks and issues are consistently applied
- Acting as a meeting secretary for key transformation meetings including: scheduling; preparation of meeting material; producing the minutes. Ensuring actions captured are distributed and updated in a timely manner
Skills and Qualifications:
- A strong background as an Information Technology (IT) Project Manager, ideally with previous roles in Banking. Experience in IT infrastructure transformation would be beneficial
- Strong communication and time management skills with excellent self-motivation
- Strong relationship management skills with negotiation capability
- Strong Excel (including Vlookup, Pivot Tables), Word and PowerPoint skills
- Complex programme tracking experience, with ability to consume, manipulate and maintain tracking spreadsheets
- Experience of producing Project Reporting for Senior Management
- Knowledge of the development lifecycle from specification, critical path and milestone definition through to testing (functional, performance, integration, etc.) and release into production
- Knowledge of technical dependencies and project interdependency management
Deutsche Bank is an equal opportunity employer who seeks to recruit and appoint the best available person for a job regardless of marital / civil partnership status, sex (including pregnancy), age, religion, belief, race, nationality and ethnic or national origin, colour, sexual orientation or disability.
Please let us know if you require any adjustments to enable you to apply or attend an interview. If you would like to discuss your requirements, or have any concerns about the application process, please contact your recruiter.