The GEO Group MAILROOM CLERK in BIG SPRING, Texas
Distributes and collects incoming mail. Collects and processes outgoing mail. Responsibilities include determining, affixing, and recording postage on registered mail and packages.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Inspects and seals all outgoing detainee mail. Logs and inspects all detainee packages.
- Sorts, locates, opens, inspects and bundles all incoming detainee mail and publications.
- Distributes all inter-office mail for the facility departments and detainees.
- Documents, processes, and files all incoming/outgoing mail denials.
- Logs and processes all incoming/outgoing legal, special, medial and certified mail.
- Operates postage machine and other mailroom office machines.
- Performs other duties as assigned.