Expedia Tax Analyst, Indirect Tax in Bellevue, Washington
The Tax Analyst, Indirect Tax will work and support Expedia’s Domestic Indirect Tax Reporting Team. The candidate will be responsible for the coordination and preparation of tax returns.
The Tax Analyst, Indirect Tax will perform a variety of recurring and non-recurring transaction tax functions including tax return preparation and review of related compliance filings for domestic jurisdictions. The position will also include indirect tax project work as required on a variety of business advisory, financial reporting, transactional, and tax research and analysis projects.
The Tax Analyst, Indirect Tax will join a team of tax professionals and work under the direction of the Tax Manager, Indirect Tax. This individual will work in a dynamic tax environment. Areas of focus will include domestic state and local sales tax, Washington business and occupation tax, and city/county hotel taxes.
- Highly organized with superior attention to detail and strong analytic skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to learn internal systems and software quickly
- Works well independently and in a team environment
- Self-starter and diligent problem solver
- Strong team player willing to assist in any capacity needed
- Have a collaborative and collegial professional demeanor
- Possess a strong desire to learn and a natural intellectual curiosity
- Multi-task in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment
- Desire and ability to learn a new business and company, along with the associated tax issues
- Preparation of tax returns and related compliance filings
- Plan timing of deliverables within agreed due dates and update manager regularly
- Work effectively and efficiently under pressure
- Perform self-review of work product
- BA/BS degree in accounting
- CPA license or actively working towards attainment
- Masters in tax or accounting is a plus, but not required
- 1-2 years of tax experience in a corporate tax department or public accounting firm
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office with an emphasis in Excel
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.
- Posted Yesterday
- Full time