Expedia Sr. Manager, Business Development in Bellevue, Washington
The ideal candidate for this role is a self-starter that enjoys variety in his or her work, can manage multiple competing priorities, is able to lead at all levels of the organization, and brings to the table a strong track record in the following areas: product management, business strategy and financial modeling, relationship management, and negotiation. If you are a current or former product manager, investment banker or corporate/business development manager ready to use your expertise and take on new challenges, we want to hear from you.
*Tasks this individual will be accountable for include:*
- Perform industry and competitive analysis to highlight underlying category trends and competitive dynamics.
- Understand customer needs and identifying unmet (or emerging) needs across the travel category.
- Identify, evaluate and manage new strategic business opportunities, partnerships and/or alliances with specific focus on hotel chain partnerships.
- Develop financial models for strategic initiatives, potential business development and partnership opportunities.
- Create a pipeline of opportunities that are managed & reviewed to ensure the pipeline is productive and yields partnerships.
- Lead in all aspects of deal development - prospecting, scoping, negotiating and closing.
- Develop and nurture new and existing partner relationships.
- Direct and optimize spend toward efficient traffic sources.
- Work across departments and job functions to stay in sync with short-term and long-term priorities.
- Track relationship effectiveness.
- Forecast demand for proposed projects based on presented market research data and industry trends.
- Communicate strategic priorities and findings to senior management.
- Work with various teams to scope, design and deliver new partnership functionality or improvements to existing integrations.
- Assisting other groups advance company strategy through partnerships.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent, MBA from a top tier school preferred.
- 5+ years marketing or business development experience, ideally with 2+ in a partner marketing or business development function.
- E-commerce or travel industry experience strongly preferred, but not required.
- Very strong interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively use them internally, externally, and at all levels.
- Ability to operate independently and to define objectives and structure, with minimal supervision.
- Ability to sell Expedia's value proposition to potential partners.
- Show a high degree of motivation and work well both as an individual and within team environment.
- Strong account management and multi-tasking ability. Superior communication, negotiation, and analytical skills.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.
- Posted Yesterday
- Full time