Expedia Retail Pricing Manager in Bellevue, Washington
Want to work in a global and growing team and learn to use the largest hammer in the e-commerce world, Pricing? The Retail Pricing Manager will be responsible for supporting multiple lines of business including Packages and Flight with complex in-depth analysis of big data recommending and implementing short and long term pricing opportunities to drive the commercial strategy. This role is an integral part of the Retail Pricing team within the Global Retail Organization supporting the U.S. & Americas Pricing team in its drive to deliver world class scalable pricing solutions and systems.
Key areas of focus/responsibilities:
- Own pricing tests by leading execution from inception, to delivery, to analysis
- Monitor performance of products (Air/Car/Packages), identifying root causes and actions to sustain/improve performances
- Generate strategy and tactics for United States and Americas Pricing
- Carry out in-depth performance analysis supporting the next steps of revenue management
- Manipulate large volumes of data; and create new and improved techniques and/or solutions for data collection, management, and usage through technology
- Perform in-depth research/analysis and troubleshooting of more complex cause analysis
- Analyze and provide regular and ad hoc reports for internal and external partners
- Build reporting and dashboards supplying insight on all analyses driven by identified trends
- Track and monitor issues related to revenue management, and drive progress to resolutions
- Steadfast focus on creating impactful change
- Self starter, entrepreneurial spirit, passionate about analysis and learning and contributing to the improvement of our product offering
- Solid understanding of statistics and experiment design
- Keen eye for detail and thoughtful investigation of data before relying upon it
- Demonstrated proficiency in SQL and Hadoop
- Need proven experience with Python or R programming to improve delivery, reporting and analysis of pricing tests
- Excellent problem solving skills through reproducing scenarios, analyzing and researching available data, filing bug reports, developing alternatives to bring resolution to issues.
- Good communication skills both verbal and written
- Excellent use of Excel and good financial modeling skills
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.
- Posted 5 Days Ago
- Full time