ASR Group/Domino Sugar Graduate Engineer in Baltimore, Maryland
ASR Group is the world’s largest refiner and marketer of cane sugar, with an annual production capacity of more than 6 million tons of sugar. The company produces a full line of grocery, industrial, food service and specialty sweetener products. Across North America, ASR Group owns and operates six sugar refineries, located in Louisiana, New York, California, Maryland, Canada and Mexico. In the European Union, the company owns and operates sugar refineries in England, Portugal and Italy. ASR Group also owns and operates mills in Mexico and Belize. The company’s brand portfolio includes the leading brands Domino®, C&H;®, Redpath®, Tate & Lyle®, Lyle’s® and Sidul®.
An Engineering career with ASR Group is a great way to apply what you’ve learned in the classroom. We offer the experience and opportunity to build a foundation for your career.
As an engineer with ASR Group, you’ll be part of a team working together with professionals in your field. You’ll gain experience working for a top tier food manufacturer that will help you to develop skills you’ll carry forward and build relationships that you will likely continue.
ASR Group is looking for engineers in the following disciplines: Chemical, Electrical or Mechanical. This opportunity could be located in Arabi, Louisiana - Baltimore, Maryland - Crockett, California
- Administration & Management: Knowledge of business and management principles involved in planning, resource allocation, production methods, and coordination of resources.
- Production & Processing: Knowledge of raw materials, production processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture and distribution of goods.
- Time Management: Having the ability to manage and monitor a large number of projects to completion.
- Critical thinking: Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions, or approaches to problems.
- Judgment & Decision Making: Considering the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one.
- Social Perceptiveness: Being aware of others’ reactions and understanding why they react as they do.
- Communication: The ability to communicate information and ideas in speaking so others will understand.
- Inductive reasoning: The ability to combine pieces of information to form general rules or conclusions (includes a relationship among seemingly unrelated events).
- Problem sensitivity: The ability to tell when something is wrong or is likely to go wrong. It does not involve solving the problem, only recognizing there is a problem.
- Deductive reasoning: The ability to apply general rules to specific problems to produce answers that make sense.
- Self-starter: Has a strong sense of urgency and is deadline-oriented. The ability to handle multiple projects at one time.
- Leadership: Strong interpersonal skills, and oral/written communication skills.
- BS or MS in Engineering. Preferred degree in Chemical, Electrical or Mechnanical discipline.
- Strong academic record (3.0 GPA or better).
- Proficient Microsoft Office skills, to include Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.
- You must be at least 18 years old.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills, the ability to write clearly and accurately, and strong verbal communication skills are essential.
- Prior related experience is a plus.
- As part of the hiring process, you must successfully complete a background investigation, reference check, and pre-placement physical and drug scree
Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.
Req id: 8881