GLOBALFOUNDRIES Tapeout Engineer in Austin, Texas
Summary of Role :
GLOBAL FOUNDRIES is seeking a highly motivated Tapeout Engineer with coding and automation experience to become part of the Design-2-Mask organization. This experienced technical individual contributor will be responsible for supporting GLOBALFOUNDRIES’ advanced technology Tapeouts. Working on the leading edge technologies will provide an opportunity to develop new methodologies and business practices aimed at a highly efficient and world-class Data Prep operations.
Essential Responsibilities :
- Develop automation, tools, and infrastructure to ensure quality and improve cycle time for next generation Mask Data Prep operations.
- Collaborate with tapeout stakeholders to define new projects to improve cycle time and quality.
- Manage tapeout projects from pre-tape-in to Release to mask write.
- Develop business processes to support next generation Mask Data Prep operations.
- Work with EDA vendors (e.g. Mentor Graphics, BRION, Synopsys, etc.) to improve their solutions with respect to quality and cycle time.
- Collaborate and interface with other technical and program management teams to manage Tapeout schedule.
Perform all activities in a safe and responsible manner and support all Environmental, Health, Safety & Security requirements and programs
Required Qualifications :
BS 6 or more years of experience, or MS 5 years of experience, or PhD 3 years of experience in an Engineering Discipline
- Experience in Unix/Linux working environment including knowledge in shell scripting.
- Experience in one or more - Perl, Linux shell scripting, Tcl, PHP, Oracle, MySQL.
EDA experience in Mentor Graphics, Cadence, BRION or Synopsis tools
Experience in Semiconductor Domain is preferred
Experience in DRC, OPC, or Mask Technology
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
An offer of employment with GLOBAL FOUNDRIES is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background check and drug screen, as applicable and subject to applicable laws and regulations.
GLOBAL FOUNDRIES is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Organization: *GLOBAL TAPEOUT OPERATIONS-00083486
Title: Tapeout Engineer
Location: North America Region-Texas-Austin-US,TX,Austin
Requisition ID: 16002291