Turner Broadcasting Spring 2018 - Adult Swim Intern in Atlanta, Georgia
Posting Job Title Spring 2018 - Adult Swim Intern
Time Warner Division Turner
Cable/Broadcast Television Networks
Games – Development & Publishing
Area of Interest Communications/Publicity Internship/Trainee
United States - Georgia - Atlanta
Position Type Intern
Posting Job Description
The Turner Story
Turner is a division of Time Warner along with our sister companies, HBO and Warner Brothers. We are better known as the folks who bring you CNN, HLN, TNT, Turner Classic Movies, TBS, Adult Swim, Cartoon Network, Turner Sports and so much more! We are up to exciting things; new shows, new businesses like E LEAGUE, and the best election coverage on TV. Check it out at http://www.turner.com/
What part will you play?
- The intern will gain real world entertainment PR experience by working with the team on the strategic roll-out of show campaigns.
- The intern will work in a fast-paced team environment, develop organizational skills, attend meetings and will be mentored by the various persons in the department.
What will you be doing?
- Writing press materials including press releases and media alerts
- Preparing press materials for conventions and events such as Comic-Con and press days and assist with press mailers as needed
- Creating and updating press media lists and researching new media outlets
- Organizing press clippings
What do we require from you?
- Should have a strong interest in Communications, Public Relations and/or Marketing, detail oriented and possess strong written and verbal communication skills
- Self-motivated with the ability to work with a team and function well in an environment with short deadlines and simultaneous, multiple projects
- Proficient in basic computers skills and be comfortable using Microsoft Office and Excel, along with some experience in social media
- Available Tuesday afternoons for weekly department staff meeting is a plus
Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and E-Verify users. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.