SunTrust Banks Consumer Compliance Manager in Atlanta, Georgia
Consumer Compliance Manager-W432621
(This is a multi-grade position 47-49. The selected candidate will be placed in the job grade that best fit their skill set and experience level)
This position is part of the Consumer Compliance team and has responsibility for compliance oversight of consumer lending products and/or third party risk management of lending and deposit related third parties. Provides leadership and direction on compliance risk management industry developments and testing methodology. Interacts with internal teammates and business process owners/ leadership.
Analyzes actual and emerging risks within moderately complex Functions/LOB’s. Implements strategies and methods related to compliance risk management framework within the organization, including quality assessments, key risk indicators, and performance measurement data, along with developing monitoring and risk remediation strategies. Fosters an environment where team members can grow in relevant knowledge and experience.
Main areas of responsibility include:
• Regulatory & LOB Subject Matter Expert - Monitors regulatory compliance developments, ensuring that impact is properly evaluated, and required actions developed, implemented and communicated to ensure adherence as required. Works with Legal to obtain legal interpretations as required. Advises LOB Management on federal and state regulatory issues and works with management to maintain and strengthen compliance and adherence to policy. Assists with regulatory examinations as needed and appropriate.
• Project Involvement – Participation and involvement with regard to assessing risks inherent in significant changes in business processes or work flows, and changes or additions to operating systems.. Support business initiatives by participating in the tactical development of the initiative’s compliance and operational process and by analyzing initial and ongoing results of an initiatives’ rollout compared to original plan. Involvement includes, but is not limited to, project team participation, system testing, post-project support and incorporation into the Compliance QC review process as appropriate.
• Compliance/QC Support & Testing – Build and document methodology, and provide oversight to quality control reviews that confirm to management that processes, procedures, and controls are effective and working as designed. Develops plans that are risk based and takes into account the risk and consequences of non-compliance, the results of previous testing, audits, examinations or other reviews. Work with businesses to assemble action/remediation plans to address deficiencies.
• Operational Risk Support – Has significant familiarity with daily SunTrust operations and is cognizant of operational risk principles to know when procedures and controls may need revision due to operational changes and any type of emerging risk. Responsible to provide input and participate with Business Line Ops Risk team on annual Business Control Assessments, Risk Control Self Assessments, Business Continuity, Operational Control updates procedure updates and any other ops risk items as they occur.
• Bachelor’s degree in Business, Economics, Finance, or Accounting, or an equivalent combination of education and work experience.
• 5 years bank regulatory compliance and/or risk management experience.
• Demonstrated working knowledge of standard compliance concepts, practices, policies and related state and federal laws and experience with regulatory agencies, requirements, and/or regulatory compliance; such as UDAAP, Truth-in-Lending, Regulation B, FCRA, SCRA and all other consumer protection requirements.
• Detailed oriented and strong analytical skills, requiring the ability to access and analyze actual and emerging risks within moderately complex Functions/LOB’s.
• Strong communication skills, both verbally and written.
• Effective influencer at all levels of executive management in order to ensure that key initiatives receive the appropriate attention.
• Shows ability to change the thinking of, or gain acceptance from, others in sensitive situations, without damage to relationship.
• Ability to perform multiple tasks in a fluid environment, and to work both independently and as a team member.
•Demonstrated experience with regulatory agencies, requirements, and/or regulatory compliance.
• Demonstrated technical expertise in federal consumer regulations, federal examination procedures, and compliance risk management is desirable
• Ability to work within a matrix organization
Job:Credit and Risk
Primary Location: GA-Atlanta Area
Work Locations: Garden Offices
303 Peachtree Center Avenue
Equal Opportunity Employer
SunTrust supports a diverse workforce and is a Drug Testing and Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against individuals on the basis of race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or other classification protected by law.