Pinkerton Sales Support Specialist | Ann Arbor, MI in Ann Arbor, Michigan
The Sales Support Specialist will focus on the sales and marketing efforts of Pinkerton's service models for the East region. The Specialist collaborates with field operations to support the capture of new business from existing and prospective clients.
- The functions listed describe the business purpose of this job. Specific duties or tasks may vary and be documented separately. The employee might not be required to perform all functions listed. Additional duties may be assigned, and functions may be modified, according to business necessity.
- All assigned duties or tasks are deemed to be part of the essential functions, unless such duties or tasks are unrelated to the functions listed, in which case they are deemed to be other (non-essential) functions.
- Employees are held accountable for successful job performance. Job performance standards may be documented separately, and may include functions, objectives, duties or tasks not specifically listed herein.
- In performing functions, duties or tasks, employees are required to know and follow safe work practices, and to be aware of company policies and procedures related to job safety, including safety rules and regulations. Employees are required to notify superiors upon becoming aware of unsafe working conditions.
- All functions, duties or tasks are to be carried out in an honest, ethical and professional manner, and to be performed in conformance with applicable company policies and procedures. In the event of uncertainty or lack of knowledge of company policies and procedures, employees are required to request clarification or explanations from superiors or authorized company representatives.
The Essential Functions Include:
- Represent Pinkerton core values of integrity, vigilance, and excellence.
- Respond to all sales bids, as assigned by the region Vice President or his designee.
- Develop and submit proposals and responses to RFQs/RFPs issued by prospective clients.
- Assist Pinkerton Directorswith analyzing local markets to identify region opportunities, prospective clients, and associated buyers.
- Assist Pinkerton Directors with prospecting continuously through a variety of outbound targeting techniques including telephone and email solicitation.
- Secure prospect visits with appropriate operations personnel and other subject matter experts.
- Assist in the preparation of face-to-face and/or web-based sales presentations for Pinkerton Directors.
- Assist Pinkerton Directorswith follow-ups on referrals, inbound leads, and self-generated leads;
- Monitor prospects’ contract calendars.
- Utilize CRM software to manage prospect pipelines.
- Prepare a variety of sales-focused reports, as required.
- Develop pricing and business development strategies in collaboration with, and under the direction of, the regiona's Vice Presidentor their designees.
- Assist Pinkerton Directors with orders and process approved services schedules;
- Strive to asisst P&L; holders in their geographic territory achieve sales goals.
- Partner with Pinkerton Directors and the Marketing department;
- Focus sales efforts on developed/graded leads and established campaigns to maximize sales efforts.
- Participate in trade associations and trade shows and assist in other promotional efforts.
- Enhance and maintain business development skills through participation in a variety of training programs, as assigned.
- Support all Pinkerton Directors, in their assigned areas, with opportunity development and relevant business development training.
- Communicate with internal personnel, at all levels of the organization, for the purpose of education, training, and response.
- All other duties, as assigned.
MINIMUM HIRING STANDARDS
Additional qualifications may be specified and receive preference, depending upon the nature of the position.
- Must have a High School Diploma or GED.
- Must be willing to participate in the Company pre-employment screening process including drug testing and background investigation.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must have a reliable means of communication (i.e., email, cell phone).
- Must have a reliable means of transportation (public or private).
- Must have the legal right to work in the United States.
- Must have the ability to speak, read, and write English.
Bachelor Degree with at least one year of sales administration experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to perform the essential functions of the job, as determined by the company.
- Technical writing experience for business-to-business RFP responses, preferred.
- Technical intelligence and threat analysis knowledge, preferred.
- Persuasive oral and written communications skills.
- Demonstrated sales and business development skills.
- CRM, preferably SalesForce.com experience.
- Able to assist in the interpretation of market analysis, data sets, and assist in the development of strategic business and sales direction.
- Effective planning and organization skills.
- Knowledge of various sales methodologies including RFP/RFQ response.
- Able to carry out multiple assignments with competing deadlines and priorities.
- Able to interact effectively at all levels and across diverse cultures.
- Serve as an effective team member.
- Able to adapt to changes in the external environment and within the organization.
- Strong customer service and results orientation.
- Computer skills; MS Office.
With or without reasonable accommodation, requires the physical and mental capacity to perform effectively all essential functions. In addition to other demands, the demands of the job include:
- Must undergo and meet company standards for background and reference checks, drug testing, and behavioral selection survey.
- Maintain composure in dealing with authorities, executives, clients, staff, and the public occasionally under conditions of urgency and in pressure situations.
- Exposure to sensitive and confidential information.
- Regular computer usage.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently.
- Must be able to see, hear, speak, and write clearly in order to communicate with employees and/or customers.
- Manual dexterity required for occasional reaching and lifting of small objects and operating office equipment.
- Close and distance vision and ability to adjust focus.
- Frequent local and regional/national travel to client sites for presentations, meetings, and visits.
- Frequent sitting.
Apply Current Employees Click Here