EY Product Manager, FSO Consulting Services and Advisory Public Sector in Alpharetta, Georgia
Title: Product Manager, FSO Consulting Services and Advisory Public Sector
Job Number: ALP0018P
The Product Manager is responsible for developing the vision, strategy and roadmap for specific sub-portfolio areas and products.
This role will work with client delivery managers to deliver end to end projects in the solution area. They will work with vendors to understand technology roadmaps and bring these insights into business conversations.
This role will work with business leaders in the solution area to understand business objectives, define vision and scope for each initiative and make sure programs are delivered according to business value and goals.
Essential Functions of the Job:
- Own the solution area, working with business counterparts, to create vision, strategy and roadmap for the solution area and products used in this area.
- Work with business leaders consistently to understand their business goals, offerings, go to market structure and how new solutions will add capabilities to their value proposition
- Help business assesses market competition by comparing the company's product to competitors' products.
- Recommends the nature and scope of present and future products by reviewing product specifications and requirements; appraising new product ideas
- Support the development of relationships with customers and prospects including actively promoting Managed Services solutions through peer to peer engagements.
- Understand the business value of current offerings and help articulate communications, go to market materials and track usage, market penetration
- Work with business leaders to conduct successful POC’s, innovation work-shops and vision work-shops to develop solutions and direction
- Setup, lead and maintain ongoing status calls with business leaders during projects to make sure value is being achieved and adjust project plan as needed
- Aid and/or lead training sessions of the product to business team members
- Work with functional leaders to plan programs, handle planned and unplanned demand and insure delivery of strategic programs in alignment with scope, value, budget and schedule.
- Strong software implementation project management skills with experience managing multiple, simultaneous customer projects and deadlines
- Outstanding customer-facing skills (communication, project management, relationship building, etc.)
- Experience with on and offshore coordination and communication
- Exude a passion for technology and the cutting-edge solutions
- Bring a positive, collaborative, team-oriented attitude to the team and your customers
- Serves as a role model by promoting and demonstrating commitment to application development/engineering methodologies, processes and standards for both EY and industry-wide, recommending process improvements when necessary
- Provide appropriate cost and resource estimates for all applicable phases of planned projects
- Minimize technical exposure and risk on projects
- Consulting experience preferred
Knowledge and Skills Requirements:
- Excellent leadership qualities required to lead and manage high performing teams which deliver technical value that relates to business value
- Experience with agile methodology and delivery
- Experience applying technology solutions to specific business problems, with deep understanding of core consulting areas
- Experience in cloud based applications and managed services
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills required to lead and motivate teams that deliver quality services
- Strong understanding of overall Application and Infrastructure Architecture
- Maintains awareness of new and emerging technologies and the potential application on service offerings and products provided by IT
- Provides mid-year and annual feedback on all members through standard HR processes
- Hiring, evaluation, promotion responsibilities for team members
- Exercises influence at many levels of the organization
- Requires minimal to no supervision
- Provides excellent coaching and mentoring for team members
- Other Requirements:
- Travel required, both national and international, generally not to exceed 25%
- Fluency in written and spoken English
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Minimum 15 years in a corporate IT environment
- 10 years’ experience delivering enterprise-wide solutions
- Experience in Program\Project Management, agile (scrum, Kanban, SAFe,etc.)
- Demonstrated experience in utilizing flexible sourcing options
- Demonstrated experience in working with technology vendors /external resource providers and managing key vendor contacts to deliver value
- Work experience in a professional services industry, preferred
- One of the following certification will support the required technology understanding to perform this role: PMP, Agile