NCR Agile Testing Leader/QA Director in Alpharetta, Georgia
Title: Agile Testing Leader/QA Director
Location: Alpharetta, GA
NCR Corporation (NYSE: NCR) is the global leader in consumer transaction technologies, turning everyday interactions with businesses into exceptional experiences. With its software, hardware, and portfolio of services, NCR enables nearly 550 million transactions daily across retail, financial, travel, hospitality, telecom and technology, and small business. NCR solutions run the everyday transactions that make your life easier. NCR is headquartered in Duluth, Georgia, with approximately 29,000 employees and does business in 180 countries.
Have you seen a blog or YouTube video of how a leading Silicon Valley test organization is run, and thought “I can run circles around them!” You can as our Agile Testing Lead at NCR Small Business.
We are an entrepreneurial product organization for looking for a leader who understands where the industry is heading and is excited to help the team move to the next level of testing. Someone who lives and breathes quality in an Agile setting. Our products serve small and medium businesses and our primary product – NCR Silver - is one of the top cloud-based iPad and Android POS systems that includes an integrated SaaS marketing and CRM platform.
You will be managing our Agile testing efforts across multiple integrated product teams. You will make an impact in the market on a hugely visible product line working cross organization with Customer Success, Software Engineering, and Product Management. You are metrics driven and ultra-organized.
Join us on the ground floor of The New NCR – a software and services innovator. And, of course, you’ll get to work on a team of stellar people.
Areas of Responsibility:
· Understand business domain quickly and design a realistic simulation of user behavior for beta rollouts in live stores.
· Manage the definition of done as it relates to Test Case creation
· Institute a process to normalize and collect Test quality and Test exection metrics across teams
· Coordinate test activities with release management
· Lead definition of test plans in an Agile environment
· Define continuous improvement plan for coverage and reducing redundant testing
· Lead development of reusable automated test scripts and maintain their compatibility with software as the applications change
· Define and execute an automated testing plan with continuous integration
· Define performance and load testing plans
· Define security testing plans and support PCI compliance initiatives
· Properly coach or staff and scale QA organization as needed including web based testing vendors.
· Bachelor’s Degree in a technical discipline or greater
· Experience with Agile testing techniques in a multi team environment with independent ship dates.
· A rocket ship commander with at least 5 years of Software QA/Agile leadership experience – testing multi-tier software product lines.
· Strong mastery or deep understanding of prioritizing and managing automated testing
· Experience leading testing of SaaS products – i.e. HTTP(S), JSON, Regular Expressions, SQL are household terms
· Experience leading testing of RDBMS performance
· Ability to work tightly with application development, architecture, infrastructure and engineering groups working on short Sprint cycles
· Natural at identifying, troubleshooting, and coming up with a plan of action in a quickly moving product organization
· Must be metrics driven and able to set, collect, and present organization specific performance metrics to drive continuous improvement
· Must have strong verbal, written, and presentation skills
· Experience leading both hardware and software test teams
· Hands-on experience with test environment configuration and relationships to Test Plans and Test Cases - is valuable
· Experience leading web scripting projects – i.e. Selenium/Appium WebDriver experience
· Experience building out a multi-product test organization and staffing software development engineers in test.
· Experience with managing to a budget and providing yearly forecasts
· Experience providing quality metrics on user stories and estimates against requirements
· A Bachelor's or Master’s Degree in Computer Science, or an equivalent combination of education and work experience
Integrated into our shared values is NCR's commitment to diversity. NCR is committed to being a globally inclusive company where all people are treated fairly, recognized for their individuality, promoted based on performance and encouraged to strive to reach their full potential. We believe in understanding and respecting differences among all people. This concept encompasses but is not limited to human differences with regard to race, ethnicity, religion, gender, culture and physical ability. Every individual at NCR has an ongoing responsibility to respect and support a globally diverse environment.
Statement to Third Party Agencies
To ALL recruitment agencies: NCR only accepts resumes from agencies on the NCR preferred supplier list. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, NCR employees, or any NCR facility. NCR is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.
Job Software Engineering
Title: Agile Testing Leader/QA Director
Requisition ID: 0050642_P0062118