Barnes & Noble Receiving Manager in Aliso Viejo, California
CA - Aliso Viejo - Aliso Viejo - 2882
Barnes & Noble is an innovator in publishing, retail, and digital media, including our award-winning NOOK® products and an expansive collection of digital reading and entertainment content. We welcome creative, dedicated, and service-oriented team members who are passionate about being an integral part of our dynamic community and helping it thrive.
Whether your expertise is in retail, merchandising, publishing, marketing, technology, or finance, we have a place for you at Barnes & Noble.
As a Receiving Manager, you are responsible for the daily operations of the Receiving Department, ensuring that they are consistent with our bookselling culture, world-class customer service focus, digital initiatives, and merchandising standards. You foster an employee-centric environment and focus receivers on daily receipt processing in order to maximize sales and productivity to deliver the four core service principles.
- Deliver positive financial results through efficient execution of receiving and processing of daily receipts, returns, and in-store customer orders.
- Plan and assign work to optimize the payroll budget while adhering to the receiving productivity standards, understanding and executing all Integrated Store Operations (ISO) standards.
- Protect company assets by accurately completing and submitting all tracking and receiving paperwork, ensuring that processes are followed; partner with your store manager and regional loss prevention manager when issues arise.
- Execute e-Planner to standard by customizing, communicating, delegating, and following up on all tasks as the business demands.
- Oversee and monitor the new hire orientation and training process, ensuring a smooth acclimation to the store and our bookselling culture.
- Support the store to deliver the four core service principles: put the book in the customer's hand, offer to order, offer the Member program, and fast cashiering.
- Coach and counsel receivers on performance issues; take appropriate corrective action, in partnership with the store manager.
- Prepare and deliver performance reviews to receivers in partnership with the store manager.
- Act with integrity and trust, promoting our bookselling culture and core values when interacting with the store team or customers.
- Maintain a calm demeanor and manage issues professionally and according to store operating, and company standards, setting a positive example.
- Maintain facility's conditions and take action to immediately correct any maintenance issues.
- You communicate clearly and direct others to execute the workload.
- You relate easily to others, building rapport and collaborative relationships.
- You are an effective listener and enjoy working with people.
- You remain calm under pressure and act as a settling influence when interacting with the store team.
- You are able to learn under and cope with changing conditions and find solutions to issues in any situation.
- You are organized and manage your time efficiently, which results in consistent productivity and customer focus.
- You comply at all times with the Standards, Policies, and Code of Business Conduct and Ethics set out in the Bookseller Handbook.
- You should have at least one year of management or supervisory experience and an understanding of systems, inventory management, and flow and productivity standards.
- You should have strong written and verbal communication skills.
- You are expected to work primarily in the receiving area, and also on the selling floor when necessary, which requires physical activity including prolonged standing, repetitive bending, climbing and lifting up to 50 pounds.
- Our stores are open daily, which requires early morning, evening, weekend, and holiday availability.
Barnes & Noble is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and is committed to providing employment opportunities to minorities, females, veterans, and disabled individuals, as well as other protected groups.